Thursday 8 January 2015

365 Project 2015: Week 1.

I am so excited to do the 365 Project. I've heard about this Photo Challenge for ages but never done one myself. The idea, if you don't know about it, is rather simple. You simply take a picture a day and share them in sets over the course of the year. I am doing this once a week, seven pictures in one go. Every Thursday I'll be sharing a picture a day from the week. 

I had a good time clicking a picture every single day this first week of the year. It's nice to use my camera every day and not just whip it out for book hauls and other special (?) occasions. I use my phone or iPad for pictures pretty much on a daily basis but I really want to use my camera more this year and this project is a good way to do just that. 

Also this seems like a great way to Document my year. It's nice to have a picture for every single day of the year and to know what I was doing. And I want to remember the everyday little things. Not just the special things. But the routine, everyday, not-so-special things as well. 

So let's get this started...all the things I did in the first week of the year. 


Day 1: Started the year off right, with baking a cake. My sister and I made a chocolate marble cake. It was a fun thing to do on the first day of the year and the cake turned out pretty good too. 


Day 2: Set up my Book and Blog Planner. Put a Book Plate on it for pure nostalgic reasons and hello, this fox is super cute! 


Day 3: A cup of coffee in a gorgeous little mug. Needed fuel this day to make a ton of lists and make plans for travel. 


Day 4: Got my Field Notes notebooks out to use in the New Year. I did a little something special in the back to make these darling little books pop a bit. 


Day 5: This day was all about packing! 


Day 6: Traveling! Gratuitous airplane wing picture. But look at the Moon for God's sake! So pretty. And the colour of the sky was pretty wonderful too.  


Day 7: A gorgeous notebook to journal in. I've been writing my daily thoughts and feelings in this lovely Rifle Paper Co. notebook. So beautiful. 

This is what my first week of 2015 looked liked. See you next Thursday with more snippets of my life. 

No comments: