Thursday 3 December 2020

Blogmas Day- 3: Snapshots from a Year of Staying Home

 Hello, hello!


What a year 2020 has been and continues to be, eh? What a googly of a year! None of us could've imagined, in our wildest dreams, back in January that this year would change our lives in such an awful, horrible way! 

Still, if one has a roof over one's head and food on one's table, then they are fortunate and blessed because so many have lost so much this year. 

Staying home was, largely, not very difficult for my sister and me. We're, largely, home bodies and do enjoy being home. So, to start with, it was okay to be home with our books and web series and movies. Plus, all the household chores kept us super busy, leaving very little time to complain! 

Also, I cooked. A LOT. Cooked things I hadn't cooked before, which was daunting but amazing! If you've been following me on Instagram, then you'd have seen all my recipe 'Stories' and little cooking videos! I even have highlights by month on my profile, where you can go check out recipes for a yum chicken curry (or two!), malpuas, everything-in-the-fridge pastas and so on! So grateful for delivery personnel working hard during this time to home-delivery groceries, provisions etc. 

So, my sister and I were just fully at home from mid-March up to early October, which is when we flew across the country to be with our parents. 

This simple act of flying was so mega stressful! Wearing glasses + a mask + a face shield was so anxiety inducing. I couldn't wait to get home and just breathe! 

It is only now, after being fully home for nearly nine months, that I am feeling a bit claustrophobic and this really strong urge to get out and head to the hills. 


Reading was not always easy this year. My sister's key reading goal during the pandemic was just one- distraction. Distraction from the real world. So, she only read a lot of crime/ thrillers and some romance. Anything to occupy the mind. Too many books were triggering, many books were difficult to read because they just made us feel anxious and sad. 

Also, if I am being completely honest, at the end of a long, tiring day, the urge to pick up a book and read was often nonexistent! It, somehow, seemed so much easier to binge-watch something instead! 

As we make our way down December, I will be sharing some of our favourite books, web series and movies from this year. These have really helped us get through these multiple months of staying home!


Finally, here are some pictures of our everyday views from this year! 

Enjoy!





Will be back tomorrow with another Blogmas post! 

Take care, fam!


No comments: