Saturday 5 December 2020

Blogmas Day- 4: Top 5 + 1 Bags of 2020

 Hello, hello,

By now, you guys know about my deep and abiding love for bags of all kinds! So, how could I not do a Top 5 + 1 (sorry I could not narrow it down to five) Bags of 2020 post?!

Truth be told, given how this year was, we did not buy that many bags at all! We bought a few at the very beginning of the year (before things went downhill) and we bought a few bags over the course of the year, but this was nowhere near the usual number of bags we buy on an average! Good for the old bank balance, bad for the soul! Sigh. 

So, without much ado, let's jump into my favourite bags of the year! 



(Image taken from Chiaroscuro Bags' Instagram)


I ordered me a Basil Anabelle- a classic silhouette bag- from Chiaroscuro Bags for my birthday! It arrived only in June (due to the Lockdown, totally understandable) and I fell head-over-heels in love with this beauty!! 
If you follow me in Instagram (@whimsybookworm), you may have seen me gush breathlessly over this stunner of a bag! 
Highly recommend Chiaroscuro (as always excellent everything) and this gorgeous leather and design! 




(Image taken from Chiaroscuro Bags' Instagram)

We ordered a Wednesday each (mine in Rose, as pictured above) and sister's in Pecan (a stunning tan leather) at the beginning of the year. OMG! Guys, if you love circle bags or slings or medium-sized bags, then you have to, have to treat yourselves to a Wednesday from Chiaroscuro Bags! 

This little bag is spacious and quirky in the best way possible! LOVE IT! 



(Image from Chumbak)

Another birthday treat was this adorable mustard coloured corduroy bag from Chumbak. It's currently on sale, if you want to check it out

I love the size, the colour and the overall look of this bag and, sadly, I haven't yet carried it anywhere! Sigh! I hope 2021 sees me use it! 



A fairly recent addition to my bag collection is this beautiful patchwork tote from iTokri. It is made by the artisans of Dastkar Ranthambore. Hence, the tiger motif in all their products! 

It is stunning, spacious and sustainable, plus it supports a great cause! 

iTokri still has some of these if you want to get one for yourself. Check these out




Next up we have this gorgeous rose hued tote from The Burlap People called The Bag for Life. 

It's a roomy little...well large tote, perfect to tote around on all kinds of adventures. 

I for one cannot wait to fill her up with my books, camera, a flask of coffee and go sit by the river and let the world pass me by. 

I adore the words on it. 

This tote comes in a host of other gorgeous colours, I especially love the one in Daffodil Yellow! 


Finally we have a verryyyy special something from Joyeeta.

A circle portrait sling bag that we got customised from her. 

It has two sister's reading on it, to represent me and my sister and our love for reading our days away. 

:) 

This bag is a thing of beauty that captures the sentiment just perfectly. 

Joyeeta is hand's down one of my favourite artists and everything she has ever made me had brought me soooooo much joy! 

You can find Studio Joyeeta on Instagram and get one of her creations. 

There you have it, six of my most favourite bags of the year. 


Sadly, since I didn't carry out any of these bags, I didn't get to photograph them or style them. 

:(

Well something to look forward in 2021 I guess. 

There are a few things in this world I love as much as I love bags and while this year has been slow on the bag buying and even using front, these bags were still brought me a ton of joy! 

No comments: