Thursday 31 December 2020

My Year in Books 2020 + My Top 20 Books of 2020.


Hello Loves! 

Here we are at the very end of 2020 and I think most of us are happy to see the end of this year. It's  been one hell of a ride hasn't it?
Yet, here we are. 
We survived what this year threw at us.
If a year ago someone told me that come March the whole world would be forced indoors and sanitisers would be our new best friend and I'd buy so many masks, I'd ask you what you had been smoking?! 
Yet we were thrown a curve ball and we survived. 
It sucked. 
We complained. 
Worried. 
Cried. 
Found comfort in food and books and sleep and TV shows. 





MY YEAR IN BOOKS 

When it came to books I had a mixed bag of a year. 
I honestly thought I'd read so much more, since we were going to be home but the stress and anxiety about this pandemic made reading harder on some days and overall I think read quite less this year. 
But honestly I am not going to be hard on myself for my not-so-stellar reading. 
 It was good for most parts. 

I read a ton of older books from my shelves.
Read a ton of ebooks and was so grateful for my Kindle. 
I read a lot of thriller. 
Read some incredible works of literary fiction. 
Read a little bit of non-fiction. 
Re-read quite a bit, more than usual for sure. 
Read a lot of new releases. 

So net-net it was not so bad. 

165 Books Read. 
Around 40 books or so bought. 
I also bought a ton of used books, which is quite new for me. 
Sadly, this was a year of zero bookshop visits. 
Zero.
Not one! 

 I also managed to blog quite a bit which makes me very happy. 
I also successfully blogged everyday for Blogmas. 
I could have done so much better but honestly given the year we've had I am going to cut myself some slack. 


TOP 20 BOOKS OF 2020. 

I've already shared a lot of my favourite reads for 2020, broken up in little genres and categories, so I won't be going into a ton of detail on each book here, this is just a list of 20 books I loved best. But as is tradition, here are my Top 20 Reads of 2020. 
In no particular order..




1. Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line by Deepa Anappara

2. Remnants of a Separation by Aanchal Malhotra 

3. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett 

4. Educated by Tara Westover 

5. Good Talk by Mira Jacobs

6. The House with a Thousand Stories by Aruni Kashyap 

7. Treasure by Oyinkan Braithwaite 

8. Zikora by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 

9. A Burning by Megha Majumdar 

10. The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga 

11. Bombay Balchao by Jane Borges 

12. The Green of Bengal by Gautam Benegal 

13. American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins

14. The Gopi Diaries by Sudha Murty 

15. How To Raise an Elephant by Alexander McCall Smith 

16. Home Before Dark by Riley Sager 

17. The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James 

18. Suralakshmi Villa by Aruna Chakravarti 

19. The Greatest Works of Tagore 

20. The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghost (a re-read but it's to brilliant to not make it to this list). 



I am so grateful for all the books I've had the good fortune to read this year.
The good.
The not-so-good.
The bad. 
These stories and these worlds gave me so much comfort and gave me place to escape into when my own world wasn't as rosy. 
:) 
So thank-you Books. 
You are the best! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ



Also, I wrote 3 stories and released them in the world and I am so grateful for all the love and support I got from all of you. 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I cannot wait to write more next year. 

PS: All of my books are currently available on Kindle Unlimited to read for free, if you are signed up for Kindle Unlimited. 
:) 



 You can find my books HERE. 


I hope wherever you are you are having a good New Year's Eve. 

I hope you are safe and sound and happy.

Thank you for being a part of my 2020, you made it infinitely happier. 

See ya next year loves! 

Byeeeeee 2020. 

You weren't perfect, by a long stretch but you were here and now you are on your way out, you taught alll of us so much and for that I am grateful. 

See you in 2021. 

No comments: