Thursday 21 December 2023

Top 10 Children's Books of 2023. (Blogmas Day- 21.)

 Hello Loves! 

Let's kick-off my Yearly Book Favourites. 

Yay!

And like always, we are starting with the kids. 

I read quite a few children's books this year, every time I needed some simple comfort and hope and joy, I turned to kid lit and found exactly what I was looking for. 

Here are some of the best of the best. 

TOP CHILDREN'S BOOKS of 2023: 



1. How the Earth got it's Beauty by Sudha Murty: My first read of the year, I wanted to start the year with something light and warm and sweet. This little picture book delivered on all accounts. So good. And so beautiful. 


2. How the Mango Got it's Magic by Sudha Murty: Another picture book about Mangoes and myth and sweetness. 
Perfect for little kids and the art is lovely too. 



3. The Gopi Diaries Growing Up by Sudha Murty: The third installment of the Gopi Diaries, a book series about a dog and his humans. I love these little books and I love seeing Gopi and his shenanigans. Too cute and heart warming. 



4. The Magic of the Lost Story by Sudha Murty: I promise this is the last SM book on the list. 
This is the sequel to The Magic of the Lost Temple, which I read a few years ago and enjoyed a lot. This one was even better. A story, a lost history and loyalty and of course kind grandparents and little life lessons. I loved this book. So good.


5. Little People, Big Dreams- Agatha Christie, by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara, Art by Elisa Munso: This darling little book series is such a joy. I have read only one book, about Agatha Christie but they have books about several important and incredible people. I wish I could get my hands on all of them but..one mustn't go overboard. 



6. Paati vs Uncle by Meera Ganapathi, art by Parmita Mukherjee: This is the sweetest book, about a summer spent with Paati (grandmother) and solving little crimes and finding your voice and standing up to old bullies. This was all heart and funny and sweet. So so sweet. 


7. Terminal 3 by Debasmita Dasgupta: A story from Kashmir, about sports and dreams and hope, all in the face of violence and despair. Hard hitting and moving and beautiful. 


8. Mermaids in the Moonlight by Sharanya Manivannan: Stories, legends, folklore, poetry and myths about all kinds of mermaids from all over the world. I loved the scope of this book and all the new things it can teach you. One mostly just sees Disney's version of mermaids, this book is a good look at the nuanced mermaid lore from different places. 


9. How Not to Get Wet in the Rain by Sunanda Kulkarni: This one was full of wit and wisdom and cleverness. The kind of stories you are told as child. I liked it and read it on a particularly rainy day. 



10. Are you There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume: This might be YA or middle grade at any rate but this classic was finally read this year in preparation for the film adaptation and loved it. This and the film. So good. Simple and sweet and full of that growing-up and finding your place in the world kind of way. I get why this book is so beloved. 

No comments: