Sunday 24 December 2023

Blogmas Day- 24! Last Book of the Year. (How the Onion Got its Layers by Sudha Murty.)

 And here we are at the final read for 2023. 

I often document my first book of the year, so I figured this year I would extend the same courtesy to my final read to the year.

 Funnily, my first and last book of the year are both by Sudha Murty. 

Both are picture books. 

And both were utter delights. 

My first read was How the Earth Got its Beauty. 

And my final read for the year is How the Onion Got its Layers. 

That brings my total number of books read to 207. 

According to Good Reads it's 200. 

Some 7 odd books I read were not on GR, but it's fine. 

207 is the real number of books I read this year.

200 is what GR is counting. 

Either ways, for me this is a good place to stop for 2023. 

All my reading is done and I will now pick up my next read only in 2024. 

Here are some glimpses of my last read for 2023. 



A gorgeous little book, a simple and heart warming folklore that is perfect for kids. 
I enjoyed it immensely and read in over a cup of coffee. 
It was sweet and the art is absolutely stunning. 


And my copy arrived signed! 
I love when this happens. 



Look at the art! 
So so so pretty. 




I will never not want to read pretty picture books. 
These Puffin Chapter Books are perfect little reads and I have enjoyed every single one I've read. 


Gorgeous! 



The plot. 


This was just the perfect note to end my reading year on. 

Something comforting, sweet and simple and full of beauty. 

I loved it. 

Rating: 4/5 

No comments: