Wednesday 20 December 2023

Blogmas Day-20! Book Shop Diaries- Paperback at Prithvi Theatre, Mumbai.

 Hello Loves! 

If you find yourself in Juhu on a lovely day and have time to kill. I suggest you hop on over to the iconic Prithvi Theatre and find a show to watch. 

Eat some good food at their cafe or get a cup of chai. 

Soak in their atmosphere and stop at their tiny bookshop and buy a book or two. 

It's pretty much what I did a few months ago. 

I meant to share these pictures but my phone died literally the same day. 

Well, better late than never! 



The entrance to the theatre. 
I haven't watched a play here in ages. 
Hopefully will change than in 2024. 



The Cafe. 
I didn't go in because it was kinda crowded and it was hot and they don't have AC. So I skipped over to a Third Wave Coffee which was really close by. 


The books at Paperback. 
I like the curation they had here. 
Different sorts of books. A mix of fiction, non-fiction and quite a few books about films and acting. 


There is something for everyone. 
You won't be disappointed. 

I browsed the shelves and bought three books. 


Amrita Imroz by Uma Trilok, I have already read and loved this book so much. 
It's about the unique and enduring love story between Amrita Pritam and her partner of many decades, the artist Imroz. 
I knew very little about them and it was nice learning more about them and their lives and love. 



My Years with Apu by Satyajit Ray.
I meant to read this book for ages and it was nice to pick up Ray from Prithvi.
I started this pretty much immediately and enjoyed it immensely, which didn't surprise me at all! 
It's about the ups and downs and triumphs and struggles of making Pather Panchali (iconic and classic). It was enlightening and wonderful and I am so happy I read it. 


Finally picked out a very Mumbai read. 

I had never even heard about this book but I liked the sound of it and had to get it. 

It's about music, art and communal violence in the metropolis of Mumbai. It sounds like something I will enjoy. Will read it soon, probably next month. 

:) 

No comments: