Friday 1 January 2021

Hello 2021! + Goals and Reading Resolutions for 2021.

 



Happy New Year my Loves. 

I hope 2021 is perfect, happy, magical and wonderful for all of us. 

And I hope more than ever that it's Kind. 

Gentle. 

Healing. 

Good. 

Fun. 

Peaceful! 

We all deserve a brilliant new year. 

💛💛💛💛💛💛

I am stepping into this year with ZERO EXPECTATIONS. 

ZERO. 

I honestly don't want to put too much hope and heart into the unknown and walk into this new year and new decade hoping for the best but not expecting much. 

I hope to Read

Write

Dream

Go to the Hills 

Find Joy in the Little Things. 


2021 GOALS/// 


1. Read good books. 


2. Eat well. 


3. Shop sensibly. 


4. Sell some of the things I no longer use and let them find new homes. 


5. Buy books without guilt. 


6. Write a story a month at least. 


7. Finish my detective novel and release it soon. 


8. Go out more. 


9. Be kind to my mind. 


10. Go to the mountains for a long stay. 



I love January. 

I love the optimism and hope that she brings along. 

The fresh starts, new beginnings, dreams and hopes and goals. 

I love it. 

Feels like a crisp and clear early morning. 

Be Good January. 

Be cold and cozy and wonderful! 

🌲🍁🍃🌲🍁🌲

I've already kickstarted my reading for this year. 

I like starting my reading year with a Favourite Writer. Preferably one of the greats and possibly one from my corner of the woods...a Bengali. 

This year I am starting this new year and new decades with Satyajit Ray. 


The Magic Moonlight Flower and Enchanting Stories by Satyajit Ray, Translated by Arunava Sinha: Four magical stories which will transport you to a world of monsters and princesses, ogres and enchanted flowers Sujan can imitate the calls of all kinds of birds and animals. When he finds himself in the king's court and learns of a fearsome bird-eating monster, he decides to use his skill to defeat the cruel creature and win the princess's heart. 

In another story, Ratan is cursed by a sage and is turned into an ogre, but his sweet song saves him from a terrible fate. 

In 'Gangaram's Lucky Stone' a beautiful rainbow-coloured stone rescues Gangaram from all kinds of disasters and even brings him a treasure, but what happens when he gives it away? 

And, in 'The Magic Moonlight Flower', a young boy goes in search of the flower that will save his father's life, but on the way he will need to fight a cruel king, rescue a prince and slay a nasty serpent. Funny, exciting and full of strange and wonderful humans and supernatural creatures.

 The Magic Moonlight Flower and Other Enchanting Stories is a delightful collection of stories by a master of children's writing in India. 

I was going to start my year with Feluda, which would be re-read and one I was sure I would love. 

But I found this book on Kindle Unlimited instead and thought I'd read an unread book as my first read of the year and then make my way to known comforts of Feluda. I am a little bit in and so far it feels familiar and magical and very trademark Ray. 

So my reading for 2021 is off to a good start. 


READING RESOLUTIONS FOR 2021: 


1. Read 100 books. 

2. Re-read more. 

3. Read from around the world. 

4. Read more translations. 

5. Read older books off my shelves. 

6. Stop reading something I am not enjoying. Life is too short to read shitty books. 

7. Read more Graphic Novels. 

8. Read at least 5 classics. 

9. Read books that I want to read and not be bogged down by hype or prize winning books. 

10. Read a little more non-fiction, especially some history. 


📖📕📖📕📖📕

Happy Reading Folks! 

I hope this is a year of good books and amazing stories. 

No comments: