Saturday 6 July 2013

July, 2013 To-Be-Read (TBR) List.

I am a list maker. At any given time, I have five lists I need to tick things off of. It might seem chaotic but it's my way of maintaining order in my world. When it comes to reading, I like to start every month with a TBR list. This is done to make sure I read older books and I remember to read books that aren't in my sight. I've been doing this for a few months now and it's helped me with reading old and new books alike. I also love, at the end of the month, ticking off books I've read. So far I've read all books on my TBR list only once. That was March, it was a good month. I read not only books on my TBR, I also read some 5 extra books. March was magnificent.

Now, I do believe that reading is entirely mood based. And sometimes, even if something is on my TBR list I don't feel like reading it, then I don't. It's OK...no one should read something they aren't in the mood for.

Now for my July TBR...

1. Indigo by Satyajit Ray- a collection of short stories by my favourite film maker of all time. I've already read and loved this. A review might be up soon.

2. Looking For Alaska by John Green- currently reading this. Nearly almost done.

3. More Ghost Stories of Shimla Hills by Minakshi Chaudhry.

4. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell- my classic reading for the month.

5. Morality for Beautiful Girls (No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Series #3) by Alexander McCall Smith- I am reading through this series at the moment, I read the first two books last month and loved them!!

6. Such a Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry

7. After Dark by Haruki Murakami- my Murakami book for the month.

8. The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie- my Agatha Christie book of the month. I am loving these books, I can't believe I didn't read these all this time! Silly me.

9.  Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. (RR)

10. Arranged Marriage by Chitra Divakaruni Banerjee- a short story collection. (RR)

* RR stands for Re-Reads. I am trying to re-read some of my favourite books from my bookshelves.
 


No comments: