Sunday 5 December 2021

Blogmas Day V: My 2021 Art Journals.

 Hello Loves! 

Today's post is all things Journals, well, Art Journals, to be specific. I will soon do a post on my other journals..as in my journal journals, the ones I write in. But I thought I'd kick start with my art journals 

I have 3 Art Journals that I used interchangeably this year and I really enjoyed being creative in them. I am no artist. Not by a long shot but I do enjoy dabbling into creative pursuits and painting and creating mixed media collages. It's a great way to unwind and be present and this year, it's been my cure for sad days and anxiety. I love spending my evenings surrounded by journaling and art supplies and keep my anxious mind distracted. 

Here are my three art journals. 


Big. 

Small. 

Tiny. 

I love the variety in sizes here. 


This beautiful handmade journal is from BRNW Co which was a happy discovery we made early in the year and since then we've bought a lot of stationery supplies from them. 

This journal was love at first sight. It is beautifully made. Love the vintage details and how perfectly aesthetic this journal is. It has a mix of all sorts of papers, all plain but some handmade, some brown craft pages and others in a variety of muted colours. 



A little spread on Kindness. 


This is how I decorated the front pages of the journal. 
I love how these pages turned out. 



Another random pages from this journal. 

I love the quality of this journal and I am so glad I got it. 
Go check out Brwn. Co for some beautiful stationery bits. 



Next we have Batik beauty from Alluvial. 
I got this journal with the specific purpose of painting. 
The paper quality is great. 
Alluvial is a great place to pick up journals from. I think since we discovered them in the middle of 2021, we- sister and I- have bought a total of 8-odd journals from them and we've been very impressed with their customer service, how quickly the journals arrived and, of course, the journals themselves. There is such a wide variety to choose from and they also make some amazing scrunchies. 
And they even make clothes now! 
Seriously go check Alluvial India out. 


This is how I decorated the front page. 

I love how floral and pretty this looks. 


Then we have the tiniest and cutest sketchbook there has ever been! 

This little bite sized journal is from Akibuuki. My sister bought some full sized ones from here and then we got this tiny one for me. It's beyond cute but it also works perfectly for me because it makes arting a little stress free and I don't have to worry about filling out an entire page and only make small creations. 

Easy and simple. 

The paper quality is impeccable and perfect for water colours. If you are a serious artist you need to get her sketchbooks. 

:) 



Some spreads in my tiny art journal. 



The front page. 
Kept it simple but cute. 
:) 

I love that all my art journals are handmade and made by small businesses and made in India! 
I recommend all these stores highly, each of them is a treasure trove of goodies. 
Go check them out! 






No comments: