Saturday 4 December 2021

Blogmas Day IV: Things That Make Me Happy~ 2021 Edition. (A few random favourites)

 Hello Loves! 

This has been yet another strange year. I think a lot of us felt it would be better compared to the horror that was 2020 and maybe for some it was. For a lot of us this year was way..wayyy worse than 2020. 

I started this year with a lot of excitement and hope and in so many ways the first 3 months were sorta perfect.  I blogged every single day and was reading a ton and even managed to do a little road trip to the hills. 

Then in April Covid got me..I still don't know how since we stayed home completely. But by the grace of God we, sister and I, got better. Yet here I am in December, still unable smell anything and my energy level is just shot to hell. I do well for a couple of days and then BAM I feel drained for a whole day. The after effects of this darn virus keep lingering on. I meant to write so much more this year. I meant to go back home. I meant to be...well I should be glad I survived when so many other didn't. For that I am grateful. 

So the rest of 2021, my post-Covid year has been about getting by and trying to find little joys where I can find them. 

Here are some things that have made in happy in this less than stellar year... 



Making my room cozy as can be brought me a lot of comfort this year. Especially the corner with my books. One of my favourite nightly rituals was to light a candle and dhoop and say a little prayer or just stand and watch my beautiful books in candlelight. Pick a book to read. Slow down after a long day. In the colder days this ritual also includes a steaming cup of lebu cha. 

The art print above is from Bonolawta and came as part of a Pujo gift from her. 


I also found a lot of joy whenever I played around with my water colours and paints and colours. It's been a great way to unwind and be a little creative and step outside my mind. 

The sketchbooks above are from Alluvial and Akibuuki



Flowers, as always, brought me immense amounts of joy this year. 
This pink water lily is a constant in our home. And it's big happy face makes me so happy. 


Rain soaked flowers and even rains were a source of joy. 





A lot of this year, especially post April went by in a blur. I have a hard time telling one month apart from the next, maybe it's the lingering aftermath of Covid. So at some point last month I sat down looked back on my year and made lists of "good things" from every single month. It felt so good to look back and see the silver linings in every month. 


Journaling in general has brought me a lot of joy this year and I have done more journaling than I have done in the last few years. 

Oh the monthly bookmarks that I have used in the spread above are from Seedhi Jalebi. 



I didn't always decorate my planner pages this well, but when I did break out my supplies and put some effort into my planning and it's decor I felt good. I really should do up my planner more in 2022 and not slack on it. It's a mini resolution of mine, to make my 2022 planner as pretty as I can. 



The one thing that always, always made m day this year was buying bookmarks. And postcards. And art prints. I added so much colour and joy in my life this year through art and prints and buying from indie artists, mostly via Instagram. This here is my recent such parcel of joy from Comicanaa. 
So cute! 


And even though I didn't really go out, I still, like I always do with great joy buy a couple of bags every now and then. 
Because bags make me happy. 
They just do. 
And there is no such thing as too many bags. 
The one above is from Chhoti si asha which has become a new favourite store to get bags and pouches and other things. 






This beauty is from Stree Kolkata and they are another recent favourite fashion discovery of mine. Their bags are so well made and come in so many different styles. 


I stepped out some four times this year and two of those were to get my vaccine. The only time I properly dolled up was for Pujo, well the one day of Pujo when I stepped out. It was nice to dress up, style an outfit and wear make-up again. 

My Kurta is from Farida Gupta. 
Bag from Taaga by Reema. 


This tote which feels like a gift from my childhood. 
I loved Gold Spot as a kid and this tote just spoke to my heart. 



Comfort was also found in books, coffee and journals and ink pens. 
Simple and timeless things that are a constant in my life. 


Cute plushies made me happy and made my bed cozy as can be. 
:) 
This happy sunshine creature I found on Amazon. 


So a bad year made so much better by little things and little moments. 

What little things have made 2021 good for you? 

Do tell. 


No comments: