Wednesday 15 December 2021

Blogmas Day XV: Book Haul from Book Chor.

 Hello Loves! 

Time for a book haul. 

:) 

I love book buying. 

And this is a little of a less guilty version of book buying because I got all used books and got them at great prices from Book Chor. 

Yay! 

:) 

I ordered these books the day my new laptop arrived. I was seeing how browsing felt on my new laptop and lo and behold I had 10 books in my cart and was celebrating a new gadget with a spot of books. Pretty much how I celebrate things in my corner of the world. 

I have picked such a wonderful bunch of books and all of them arrived in such great condition. Most of them look brand new and the rest are ever so slightly gently used. 

Perfect! 

Let's just jump into it shall we? 


A stack of loveliness. 

I think I'll read most of these books in the new year..apart from maybe the Christmas book.

Let's see. 


This book sounded so good and it's won a bunch of awards and I had never heard of it in my life. I like, really like stumbling onto to unheard of (to me) sorta books and hopefully be amazed by them. 


Just a classic. 
I mainly got this for my sister to read who is a big big big Wodehouse fan. 
I sadly haven't read any of his works, even though we own a couple of his books back home, so maybe this book will be the push I need. 



I won't lie this is a pure Christmas buy, I might read this on Christmas or maybe my sister, who enjoys gentle love stories more than I do will pick this up 
It looks and sounds lovely. 
And perfect for this season. 



I have read and LOVED two of Tabish Khair's books and when I saw this book I promptly added it  to my cart...also it's about Bollywood in the 1950s and sounds amazing. I honestly cannot wait to read this and may just get to it this month if I find time. Or save it for January. Nevertheless I am convinced this will be a good time! 


A spot of nonfiction. A series of essays on love and it's many variations. 
I am quite intrigued. 


An anthology of short stories about and by teenagers, what's not to love? 


A Booker Prize winner and one that I've heard a lot of good things about. 
I think I have read something by Penelope Lovely before and I remember enjoying it, so this acclaimed book should be a good time. 


Another writer whose work I have read and enjoyed before. 
This sounds good and is about a marriage and love and relationships and sounds angsty and wonderful. 



I used to read a lot of Marian Keyes back in the day..but it's been a hot minute..well over a decade since I've read anything by her. This one is about a private detective and her tangled love life, so it seemed like a good one to try after all this time. I hope this one is a easy, breezy and fun read. 


This right here is the only Manju Kapur book I haven't read yet. So I am excited to read this and then watch the webseries (on Zee 5) based on this. Should be fun. Plus I always tend to have a good time reading Kapur's work, especially the women she writes about. 



BOOKS BOUGHT: 

Thank You Jeeves by P.G Wodehouse 
The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes 
Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley 
Eve Green by Susan Fletcher 
On Green Dolphin Street by Sebastian Faulks 
A Married Woman by Manju Kapur 
Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively 
Filming Tabish Khair 
Eleven Ways to Love 

So much happy reading in my future. 
Oh the joy of books on your shelves. 
And used books that are kind on your pocket are even better. 
:) 
Look at me being good and buying used books like a sensible person. 



No comments: