Friday 31 December 2021

My Year in Books + Top 21 Reads of 2021.

 Hello Loves! 

Here we are on the very last day of 2021. 

What a year it's been, huh? What a beastly little year! Good thing is I am happy to see it leave and I am happy to have survived it. Literally, I am grateful to be alive and grateful to have kicked Corona Kameeni to the curb.

Uff! This year was zeher in parts and sukoon in bits. 

Let's talk about something good:  aka my reading in 2021. 

Reading my one solace in every situation and every year! 

This year I read 200 books. 

A neat little number no?! I got to 200 a few days ago..a little before Christmas and then just took time off from reading. I took a holiday from reading and just focussed on other things and spent time blogging and making a ton of lists and cooking and being. 

200 is a good solid number and more than that I feel very at peace with everything I read this year. 

So let's look at my annual 

YEAR IN BOOKS 



200 BOOKS. 
I read a mix of ebooks and physical books. 
I dare say I might have read more ebooks this year. 
I am so grateful for my Kindle and having books on hand at all times. 
I read so many genres. 
I read a fair amount of non-fiction this year. 
According to my GoodReads I read 36,519 pages. 
I read quite a few new releases. 
I read new books from some of my of my absolute favourite writers: Amitav Ghosh, Jhumpa Lahiri, Haruki Murakami and Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. 
I read horror. 
I didn't read any romance..not one that I enjoyed, in any case. 
I read a decent amount of kid-lit. 
I read a fair amount of Literary Fiction. 
I read pretty much everyday. 
I read on my terrace while getting sunned or watching the rains. 
I read curled up in bed. 
I DNF-ed a few books.
I stuck to most of my reading resolutions. 
I bought some books every now and then. 
I bought a lot of used books (look at me evolve). 
I twice went all out and splurged on new/expensive books. 
I read some disappointing books, not overly bad just books I went in hoping more from and being thoroughly disappointed. 
Overall, on an average, I mostly read very decent books and some absolutely amazing books. 
I didn't blog nearly enough. 
4/12 months I blogged every single day, which is pretty remarkable. 
My bookish life was good. 

My books kept me sane and happy and distracted when the world went to hell, and in 2021, it went to shit a lot. 
:( 

I cannot tell you how my books and stories save my life. 
Thank you my beloveds. 
You are my everything. 

I have shared a lot of my yearly faves this year but like it's tradition, here are my all around, absolute favourite reads of 2021. 
Ones I recommend whole heartedly. 
Ones you should definitely read soon. 
Some I have talked about and others I am mentioning for the first time. 




TOP 21 BOOKS OF 2021. 


1. Whereabouts by Jhumpa Lahiri 

2. The Echo Chamber by John Boyne 

3. Tales from my Heart by Ruskin Bond 

4. A Lonely Harvest by Perumal Murugan 

5. A Town Called Solace by Mary Lawson 

6. Rumours of Spring by Farah Basher 

7. Essential Items by Udayan Mukherjee 

8. Padmavati The Harlot and Other Stories by Kamala Das 

9. Spooky Stories by Tanushree Podder 

10. The Girl and The Goddess by Nikita Gill 

11. The Mountains Sing by Nguyen Pham Que Mai 

12. Notes on Grief by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 

13. Confessions by Kanae Minato 

14. Prelude to a Riot by Annie Zaidi 

15. How to Be a Writer by Ruskin Bond 

16. The Adventures of Goopy Gyne and Bagha Byne by Upendrakishore Ray Chowdhury 

17. Pilgrimage by Ira Singh 

18. Gopi Diaries: Finding Love by Sudha Murty 

19. Dark Tales by Venita Coelho 

20. First Person Singular by Haruki Murakami 

21. The Adventures of Feluda Vol- I by Satyajit Ray 

21 amazing books that made my heart sing. 

:) 

I wish you and yours a very, very Happy New Year. 

I hope 2022 is safe and kind and wonderful for you. 

Thank you for making 2021 so much better for me and thank-you for reading my blog and being a part of my little life. 

:) 

See you next year loves! 

:) 

No comments: