Sunday 26 December 2021

Vignettes: Margaret's Deck Tea Lounge.

 Hello Loves! 

Today I am throwing it back to the time in March when I made a little day-trip to the hills. The only time I went to the hills this year. Hai what a tragedy! Hopefully 2022 has me in the hills more and longer. 

I had crossed Margaret's Deck a lot of times but for one reason or another we never stopped for a cup of tea, mainly because we are either excited to just get to Darjeeling or we usually stop at the Kurseong Tourist Lodge for momos and sandwiches, so it feels a little silly to stop so soon after. But for this time we were determined to stop and see this much hyped place for ourselves. 

Here are some pictures from our short stop over. 



Ah! An aesthetic paradise. This view meets your eye the moment you walk in. 

A little plant display. 



My cup of hot chocolate. I was hoping to grab a cup of coffee but they don't serve any, which makes sense it's a tea place, they offer a variety of teas and cocoa.


This is the view from the deck. Mountains and greenery galore. 


This was my companion on my trip, my beautiful Wednesday Sling from Chiaroscuro in Rose. 
Look at her looking beautiful. 


Blooms galore. 
Love these pale pink beauties. 



Since we had just had a light lunch at the Tourist Lodge we only had a few nibbles here. 
We had hot chocolate and slices of cake. 
I am sad to report none of this was great. 
Like really not good. 
Maybe the savoury food is better and maybe the teas are good but everything we tried was just so painfully average. 


Teapots in abundance. 




This is a great place to come and look at the views and take a million pictures. 

I am glad we stopped and ticked this place off my mental list, it was pretty and a nice spot to get a cup of tea. 

No comments: