Friday 3 December 2021

Blogmas Day III: My 2022 Planner from The Ink Bucket. (First Impressions and Review).

 Hello Loves! 

Like all planner nerds my quest for next year's planner begins in August or September of the current year. 

This year however I was allll set on not getting a planner at all. I have Kikkik undated planner sitting unused since 2019. So I had decided to be good and not splurge on a new planner for 2022. 

But.

But. 

But. 

That beautiful planner is in Bombay. And I am not. 

Also, I saw little sneak peeks of Inkbucket's planner line up and got so so so tempted. To be very honest it was the freebies that had me a little drooling and I kinda fell for it and ordered myself a planner! 

😂

Oh well. I am only human. I know a lot of you did the same, so we are all in the same boat. 

So here we are with my planner for 2022!!!! I am using an Inkbucket Planner this year too and 2022 will be third year using one of their planners. So I am quite excited. 

I got the basic planner set, as in I opted for just the planner and not the calendar and other stuff. So as freebies I got the tote, sticky notes and a small notebook. 

Here is a look at the beauty. 



I chose this black beauty with the shy cheetah on it. 
Love the darker tone of florals on this one and I like that it's a lot different than my planner for this year, which is a pink floral number from Inkbucket. I like that this guy looks very different from my pink number. 



Here are both my 2021 and 2022 Planner Boxes sitting together. 

First things first, the boxes are a little different this year. 

There aren't magnetic. 

They aren't attached. 

It's a basic paper box with a detachable lid. 

And it's matching. 

This year all the planners had the same white floral design, like my planner was pink but had this box but in 2022 I think all boxes match the planner. 

Also the box is a little fitted next year. It fits the planner and the sticker book perfectly but there is no extra room, which is fine. Except I used my planner box to stash two pens and a pencil and a couple of paper clips, 2022 has no space to keep these things. It's not a big deal at all. Seriously, it's fine. It might in fact be nice to have a compact box. Also they do sell a matching-ish pouch (which I didn't get as a freebie but I have ordered separately during their Black Friday sale and it's already arrived today and it's beautiful.) so one can easily store a pen or two or more in the pouch or any other pencil case you have. 

Just thought I'd point this out. 


Let's talk freebies shall we? 
This beautiful tote is one of the big freebies. 
I have always had a planenr tote or bag. A place where my planner sits year round. To have a matching-ish one is just perfect. I will be using it to keep my planner and my other journals in one place. 



My other freebies where these beyond adorable stick notes set. 
It's pretty darn perfect and it was this that attracted me the most. 


I am not sure if the sticker book is counted as a freebie or is just a part of the planner...because it came in the box itself while the others came sorta independently. 
The sticker book is a thing of joy and I used the heck out mine this year. And I look forward to using it next year too. 


Here's a little sneak peek. 
It's very cute. 


I also love this shade of purple so much. 
Oh the planner comes with four sheets of stickers on it's own. 
So the sticker book is a bonus jonas. 
I do appreciate being given a sticker book with my planners. 
Not like it's enough stickers for the whole year but I collected stickers from all sorts of places and once I am back home in Bombay I'll start my Stickii Club subscription again, which is a monthly sticker subscription I use, so sticker wise I am more than set! Plus I do use washi tapes, stamps and other bits and bobs to decorate my pages. 


My last freebie was this pocket sized notebook. 
Pretty. 
I do own a few of these from Inkbucket and several of their other notebooks and diaries, so getting this one is a happy addition to my collection and one that is useful and will definitely get used. And it's lined!!! Which I love. 


I am seriously obsessed with these. 
Let's take a look inside. 


Adorable. 
I cannot wait to use this. 
They are selling this on it's own too, so if you want one go get it. 


Now I haven't done a proper deep dive into the planner. 
I just flipped through. Because this is the third year I'll be using it and I didn't need to pore over every detail. 

Here are some first impressions. 

The big difference is the addition of monthly tabs, which is always a useful feature. 
There is an extra sticker sheet as compared to last year. 
There are small changes in the layout, which is great for their regular users because it feels like a new experience.
The ribbon bookmark is happy yellow colour than the usual black. 
The box matches the planner. 
The box is detachable. 
The overall look is a little compact as compared to last year. 



The first page. 



Sitting snug in it's box. 

Now if you ask me if you should get the planner...my answer is a resounding yes. 
Like I said this is my third year using their planner and that itself answers how much I like them. The only other brand of planner I've used this regularly are Kikkik and Midori aka Traveler's Company. 

The reasons I go back to Inkbucket are these..aka a little REVIEW

1. Their aesthetic is stunning, classic and timeless and suits me perfectly. The botanical florals are always a good idea. 

2. The quality is great. The planners hold up well throughout the year and there is no damage or wear or tear. 

3. The customer service is great. 

4. The pricing is great too, you pay for what you get. Plus I feel like you use your planner everyday, so it makes sense to spend a little on it. 

5. The freebies are great and ones you'll end up using. Last year I got a free calendar and two notebooks and this year you've seen what I got. They are generous with their freebies. 

6. I also feel like there is so much space in these planners. You could use it for alllll aspects of your life. Personal, work and even book and film tracking. This could be your everything planner. There is also space to track habits and expenses and even jot down things your are grateful for. So if you get this you could do without other kinds of planners and trackers. 

7. For me personally, I love that it's lined!! I cannot with unlined planners so that's one of the big reasons I keep coming back to it. Oh and a new week starts from a new page. I hate, hate, hate when weeks just run into each other! 

So, like I said I wold highly recommend this planner. 

I will do a more thorough review once I start using it. And share how I decorate my planner. 
I hope this helps. 
:) 
Have you picked your 2022 planner already? 


No comments: