Sunday 19 December 2021

Blogmas Day XIX: My Favourite Journals/Notebooks of 2021.

 Hello Loves! 

Today I am back with part-II of my favourite journals of 2021. I earlier shared my favourite art journals of the year and today I want to share my Journals..my writing/musing/thoughts/feeling journals. 

I have journaled more this year than ever before. Especially in the second half of the year I took to daily journaling in a big way and never looked back. This spurt mainly came from my darling friend Meenakshi sending me some 8 new journals as a gift and I took to writing my morning pages with a passion. Thank you M, for inspiring me to get to write more and unwind and de-stress. 

:) 

Now my journals are a thing of joy. 

And these guys are some of my absolute favourite!!!! 

Let's just jump into it shall we? 


1. Ekatra Handmade Journal: This was my main 'journal journal' as where I documented little and big things in life. A place to vent and rant and put my feelings in. This one is a block-print cover journal I got from Ekatra Handmade and I love it so much. The paper quality is lovely and any kind of ink works on it brilliantly. The things I love best about this shop is that you can choose any kind of paper in your journal, as in you can pick whether you get blank pages, lined pages, dot grid or grid layouts. Which is pretty neat. I am totally not a blank pages person because I find writing on them very difficult. So this sort of flexibility is a Godsent. 
I love this journal and I will definitely go back for more. 


This is how I decorated the front pages


I love how these pages turned out. 

Simple and beautiful. 


On to the next. 



2. Writing Journal: Tried to get a little serious about my writing this year. So dedicated a whole notebook to keep my story ideas and scribbles and in one place. This has helped a lot. A lot, it's been nice to have a space just keep my ideas safe and even write a chapter or two. 
This notebook I frankly have no idea what brand it's from because it came free with a journal cover we ordered earlier in the year. But it's such amazing quality and the paper is butter soft. I am so glad I turned it into a writing journal. I decorated the cover with a Postcard from Sunny Skies and Starry Skies and a bunch of stickers I had in my collection from various shops. 


The front pages were decorated using stickers  and mostly re-using packaging from stationery orders. 
Love how nice and aesthetic it looks. 


I love doing little decor spreads like this. 

Makes me super happy. Because even functional notebooks should be pretty. 

Next.


3. Callidsign Journal: My friend Meenakshi sent me 8 journals (yup she spoils us rather!) from Callidsign in July and I can't thank her enough. I had ever heard of this brand before and these journals were a boon, it got me to go back my practice of writing my morning pages and really sit with my thoughts. 
The quality of these hard bound journals is pretty great. They have lined/ruled pages which I love and the pages take most kinds of ink really well. I have written with ink and gel pens and the pages hold up fine. Plus the notebook itself is really pretty and there is so many designs to choose from. 



I kept this journal mostly plain and just as a place to write without frills but I did do a front page decor. 

Kept an orange and pink theme with the layout. 


Finally..the last journal. 



4. Inkbucket Journal: This was another of my morning pages journals. This one is from Inkbucket and one that I got for free with my planner. It's a slim little journals and one that I used for September and October. These journals are decent and perfectly sized to fit into your handbag and carry on the go. The paper quality is decent but more suited for gel pens and ballpens. I wouldn't recommend using a really dark inked fountain pen. 


The journals are pretty on the inside flap too and this is how I decorated it. Tried to incorporate some fall vibes in this spread. 


I love these journals of mine and how well they've served me this year. 


Such things of beauty and full of my crazy thoughts and feelings and ideas. 


Do you journal? 
I always have...in some shape or form for years now. 
For the last few years I have had: 
A Daily journal. 
A diary sort of journal. 
Gratitude Journal. 
Book Journal. 
And occasionally a morning pages journal. 
I am a notebook hoarder and having multiple journals going is a good way to fill some of those up. 
:) 


No comments: