Wednesday 7 August 2013

August 2013, To-Be-Read TBR List.

My reading goal for this month is only to read books that have come out of India and the Indian subcontinent. So my TBR list this month is all things India-centered!

That being said I've already cheated a little bit. I've read two Harry Potter books in the beginning of the month- Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire. I just couldn't stop. The only reason I've not gotten around to the fifth book is because it sits in my bookcase that is under a bench-type thing. Buried under a number of books. But soon enough I'll dig it out :)

I've also re-read 2 Mary Higgins Clark books, I love her mystery books and have read almost all of them. It so much fun re-reading these books.

I had a pretty lengthy TBR list for August, but my mum is in town visiting the sister and me, so instead of reading all month long, I intend to spent more time with the maternal unit. Hence I have trimmed the list considerably.

So now the books I plan to read for August.

  1. Chokher Bali- Rabindranath Tagore: Already read and loved. 
  2. Maharani- Ruskin Bond: also read already and enjoyed. 
  3. The Englishman's Cameo- Madhulika Liddle: Currently reading this. It's good fun. 
  4. The Diary of a Social Butterfly- Moni Mohsen {RR}
  5. Tenderhooks- Moni Mohsen {RR} (A Pakistani book.)
  6. The Impressionist- Hari Kunzru 
  7. Days and Nights in the Forest- Sunil Gangopadhay 
  8. The Hindi Bindi Club- Gauri Pradhan 
  9. Delhi Noir, A collection of short stories. 
  10. Buddha's Orphans- Samrat Upadhay (A Nepali book.) 
So books from India, Pakistan and Nepal to round off my reading month. 

No comments: