Tuesday 7 May 2019

Book Haul: Kitab Khana Books. (Books of April 2019.)

Hello. 

In early April, I found myself in my favourite book shop. Kitab Khana is one of my favourite places in Bombay. I browsed the bookshelves and came home with 4 books. And here they are. 


BOOKS BOUGHT/// 

1. Small Days and Night by Tishani Doshi
2. Hijabistan by Sabyn Javeri 
3. Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman 
4. The Mountain of Light by Indu Sundaresan 



These two books I've already read and loved. 
Tishani Doshi's writing is sublime and lyrical and this story in particular will stay with you, long after you've finished the book. 

Hijabistan is a collection of short stories about women in hijabs but so much more. I really enjoyed these stories. 



Once I read this book, I can finally watch the film that everyone seems to love so much. 
:) 



Indu Sundaresan is such a fantastic writer and I am always game to read something by her. 
The story of the Kohinoor diamond should be a good time. I can't wait to read this book. 

:) 

Ah! 
Books are just the best thing ever! 
:) 

No comments: