Wednesday 6 January 2021

Book Haul: First Books of 2021- Jhumpa Lahiri.

 Hello Loves! 

Today I want to share my first book haul of 2021. 

And it's a haul of some of my favourite books ever! 

Re-purchases of my two favourite books. 

Jhumpa Lahiri is one of my favourite writers in the whole wide world. Her books bring me joy and when I first read her books they changed my life. I read her books when I was a teenager and they took my breathe away. Her stories, her worlds and her people were deeply familiar and the kinds that I liked and love returning to. 

I will always read anything she writes and then read it over again for good measure. 

I have always hated the edition of Interpretor of Maladies that I have. LOVE the book, hate the edition. And I've always wanted to get a beautiful edition. 

So this year I did just that. 

Got two of my favourite books in beautiful editions. 

I cannot wait to re-read these beauties. 

The Namesake I have in a gorgeous American floppy edition, you know the ones that open up perfectly?! 

But I got this on a good deal as a pair, so I figured why not? 



Hello Beautiful! 


“She was like that, excited and delighted by little things, crossing her fingers before any remotely unpredictable event, like tasting a new flavor of ice cream, or dropping a letter in a mailbox. It was a quality he did not understand. It made him feel stupid, as if the world contained hidden wonders he could not anticipate, or see. He looked at her face, which, it occurred to him, had not grown out of its girlhood, the eyes untroubled, the pleasing features unfirm, as if they still had to settle into some sort of permanent expression. Nicknamed after a nursery rhyme, she had yet to shed a childhood endearment.” 

― Jhumpa Lahiri, Interpreter of Maladies


“They were things for which it was impossible to prepare but which one spent a lifetime looking back at, trying to accept, interpret, comprehend. Things that should never have happened, that seemed out of place and wrong, these were what prevailed, what endured, in the end.” 
― Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake


I will probably re-read these soon enough! 

Maybe save them for my birthday month next month. 

If you haven't read Jhumpa Lahiri yet, please do it now. 

No comments: