Tuesday 29 August 2023

The Days of August: Books, Coffee, Totes, Bookmarks and Annotations.

Hello Loves! 

August flew by. And in a good way too. Time makes no sense to me sometimes. 

I really meant to be more active on the blog this month but for no real reason I've just let things slip. 

I have been reading, I've read some 14 books so far and I am currently reading something nice. So reading has been good and I can't wait to talk about my reads in my wrap-up on the 31st. 

August has been mostly quiet, oddly hot (where are the rains?), a little book buying and bookshop hopping and a lot of reading and watching films- old and new and cringe and good. 

I got some happy mail and cleaned like a maniac and chilled and had some tech issues, my phone's battery swelled up and I had to buy a temporary cheapie phone :( with a sucky camera. 

Woe is me. 

Mercury Retrograde is doing a number on me. 

:( 

But overall things are going OK. 

Here is a look like at what life has looked like this month.  



This little guy makes me so happy. 

It's my little annotation station, that holds my annotation supplies and is a perfect companion to my books and reading time. I recently added these sticky tabs to my kit and I am slowly getting around to use them. I don't use them willy nilly like a lot of people on BookTok do..I find this manic tabbing a bit concerning. I am only tabbing quotes I really love and bits that resonate with me. 


Book and Bookmark- words that ring true. 



A little book, drink and bookmark situation. 

Both bookmarks are from Paperfinity, you can find them on IG. 


This is what I am currently reading- My second book by Mitra Phukan and one I am quite enjoying. 


A capacious tote and some darling buttons. 
Sis carried this to a work meeting and it fits everything and then some. 
It's from a shop called Lazy Bun on IG. 


There is nothing quite as lovely as sitting in a coffee shop, people watching and reading a good book. 

I was reading My Years with Apu by Satyajit Ray and sipping on some Vietnamese Cold Coffee. 

Bliss. 

:) 

I hope August has been good for you too. 

And I hope you've been reading good books and feeling at peace. 


No comments: