Friday 3 March 2023

Hello March 2023 + Journal & Planner Pages + Current Read for Femme March.

 Hello March! 

Hello Spring! 

Hello the Season of Iced-Drinks and cold showers and warm days. 

And Hello Women's History Month and reading only Women Writers all month long. 

I am doing #FemmeMarch again and I am looking forward to all the amazing stories and voices I'll read this month. 




Hello March! 

Be Good! 

Be Gentle! 

Be Kind! 

Be Fun! 

I am happy you are here March! 

:) 


Here is what I am reading to kickstart my reading for Femme March. 



The Daughters of Madurai by Rajashree Variyar is a story told partly in 1993 and 2019. About a young mother battling against  gender based discrimination and the fear of female infanticide. It's the perfect book to read during this month. A book about a reality so many women face in India even today. The pressure of producing a male child, a boy to carry forth the family name and being glory to the family. A world where even in 2023, having a girl child is seen as a misfortune. Even today illegal sex determination tests are done  to determine if the child is male or female. 

I was naively under the impression that this problem and the unspeakable crime of female infanticide was limited to the North, Central and Western India. That the South was somehow magically free of this poison. But boy was I wrong. In some ways our country is eerily similar in all the wrong ways. 

This book has given me a lot to think about and a lot to learn and unlearn. 

I am 36% in and I am really enjoying it. 

I am hoping to read a chunk of it tonight and maybe finishing it over the weekend. 

Review coming soon. 


Now on to happier thing. 

I spent the morning of March 1st setting up my Spring Journal and setting up my March planner and Journal Pages. It's how I like to begin a new month and it's one of my routines that I immensely enjoy. It's my perfect idea of how to begin a new month and set some goals and plan out the broader strokes of the new month. 

Here are my planner pages for the first week of March and my beautiful journal. 


Kept things floral and pretty in this spread. 
Used bits I've had in my stash for a while. Made a Spring appropriate collage. 


A closer look. 


I love the colours and the colour palette in this page. 




March. 

:) 


Now for my pretty little journal which I am so in love with. 



I love this journal from Piko Shop. 
Love the Anxious and Fabulous little girl and I love the vibrant shade of yellow. 


Here is my beautiful page for March! 
All shades of Spring and blooms and joy. 


The papers are from kits from Shop ABC.

Stickers from White Ink Papeterie and Gangun Shop and some from Inkarto. 

:)

Hope March is great for you and me. 

Have a lovely Month ahead. 

:) 

No comments: