Thursday 17 October 2013

October 2013 To-Be-Read TBR List+ My Reading Life Lately.

I am a little late, clearly, to formulate a TBR list for this month. But reading has generally been a little slow for this month. At the beginning of this month I was caught with making travel plans and then on the 3rd of this month I was off to Rajasthan for a week. Reading wasn't something I was actively doing and read only one book in the first 11 days of this month. Further, adding to my reading woes, my parents are visiting and that means I spend my time catching up with the rentals and watching movies with my dad.

I've also been feeling a little listless with reading lately. I've been picking up books and stopping 10-20 pages in. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green was abandoned 30 pages in. I also tried reading a Kakababu Mystery by Sunil Gangopadhay and gave up on it too.

I am trying to find my reading mojo and finally managed to read 2 books in the last 2 days. I am currently reading a lovely, dark, mysterious book called Night Film by Marisha Pessl, I am probably going to read this non-stop. So reading slowdown is officially over!

So with that goal in mind...here is my October TBR List...for the rest of the month.

1. The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall- read on holiday and loved...for most part.
2. Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson- also read and it was a decent read.
3. Scandal Point by Fahad Samar- finished this last night and I LOVED it.
4. I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan
5. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
6. The Cuckoo's Calling- JK Rowling
7. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman- Haruki Murakami
8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
9. Cupboard Full of Life- No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Book- Alexander McCall Smith
10. Any Stephen King book for around Halloween.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pooja, Am delighted that you enjoyed my novel, Scandal Point.
Keep in touch and thanks for your support.
Cheers,
Fahad

Pooja T said...

Hi Fahad,
I really enjoyed your book and will be reviewing it soon (once my Halloween book series is done)!
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Cheers,
Pooja