Monday 14 October 2013

Things That Make Me Happy: Umedh Bhavan Palace, Jodhpur.














We, the sister and I, spent a lovely afternoon walking around the beauty that is The Umedh Bhavan Palace. Only a wee portion of this breath taking property is open to the public as a museum. The rest of the property is a Taj hotel and the rest still serves as the home of the Royal family. 

The well-manicured lawns, the stunning architecture and the remnants of the Royal way of life was just a delightful way to spend an afternoon. 

Sure, the guards were a bit pushy, trying very hard to act as guides and thereby make some money as tips. But barring that it was a very pleasant experience. 

The Courtyard was gorgeous. Columns and pillars and the general quietness that prevailed there was a good spot to rest for a while and take in the splendor. The Courtyard Shop had a few souvenirs, but nothing that pretty that compelled me to pick something up. Sadly, we couldn't make it to the Taj Coffee Shop, I've heard its a good place to get coffee and also see the rest of the policy. Well, next time I am  there I will make a point to go there. 

The drive up to Umedh Bhavan, with it's winding roads and epic views is another thing I enjoyed about my visit. 

If you find yourself in Jodhpur, do stop by, you won't regret it. 

No comments: