Wednesday 23 October 2019

Travel Diary: Kagyu Theg Chen Ling Monastery, Lava, Kalimpong.

Hello! 

On my recent visit to Kalimpong, we drove up to Lava, a little town 30 kms from the city up in the hills. The drive itself was gorgeous, winding roads and rains and clouds. Some stretches were in dire states, the road was quite bumpy and there were several patches where repair work was on going, so I am hoping that it will be fixed soon. 

Once we got to Lava, the rains really got going. It was pouring hard and by the time we got out of the car and to the monastery we were soaked. 
Hence most of these pictures are liberally covered in raindrops. 

Sadly, we didn't make it to inside the monastery, given the rains and the slightly steep walk, 
I got close enough but I was soaked and even my poor camera was getting wet. 

Here are some pictures. 


Prayer Flags dancing in the breeze. 


Raindrops adding their own bokeh effect. 


The entire place was full of all kinds of ferns. 


I don't know about you, but I love foggy and misty days. 


My parents making their way up to us. 
Sharing a single umbrella they looked straight out of a Bollywood romcom. 


I wish I could have made it in but the rain and being wet rats was setting off my sister's asthma. So we quickly rushed back to the car. 





Scenes from the drive over. 
It took us around an hour and a half from Delo to Lava. 


More prayer flags. 
I seriously will never tire of seeing prayer flags all over the hills here. 





No comments: