Tuesday 8 October 2019

Vignettes: Durga Pujo 2019. My Favourite Pandal of this Year.


Hello! 

Another glorious Durga Pujo for the books. 
This has been a fun and lovely Pujo in my small-town of Jalpaiguri. 
Things were a little delayed due to the rains and things were a little slow to start but by Saptami things were up and running and everyone was pandal hopping and dressing up and celebrating. 

I went to a couple of pandals this year and they were all wonderful and artistic and must have taken so much work and talent to put together. 

I want to share my most loved pandal of them all. 
This one is close to where I live and is called The R.G. Club. It's a really small but stunning Pujo. It's run by the para folks and they hit it out of the park every single year. This year was no different. 
The theme this year was Boats and they went all out. 


The pandal was full of all kinds of different boats and ships. 
All of this handmade with love. 
So pretty. 
:) 


I could honestly live here. 


Little sail boats hanging from the ceiling. 


Art on the walls. 


It was a visual treat no matter where you looked. 


More art. 
Its so whimsical and vibrant. 


Love. Love. Love. 


The goods being carried on boats and ships. 

:)

I visit this pandal every single year and am in awe of their creativity and vision and artistry. 

More pandals coming soon. 

No comments: