Saturday 27 July 2024

July Days and Nights/// Books, Tea & Little Joys.

 Hello Loves 🪻🩷🪻

These July days have been a blur of books (mostly good), tea and rains and binging the X Men movies, which I forgot how much I love. I've also been watching some seriously weird (not good) Hindi films from the early aughts.. they might not be the best films but being back in that era makes me feel nostalgic and warm and fuzzy. 

Anyhoo.. 

Here is what my days have looked like: 



More Days at the Morisaki Bookshop was read slowly over the week. I re-read the first book before jumping into the sequel. I love this cozy little world and it's gentle and bookish people. I love books about books and this one about a second hand bookshop just makes me happy. 

I will say that I preferred and enjoyed the first book a little bit more than the second one. But both these books are an enjoyable ride. 

Poirot is perfect for rainy days. 



Flowers and Kafka. 


Read Earth by John Boyne in pretty much one sitting and really enjoyed it. This is the second novella in a series by Boyne. I read Water back in May and loved it. 
Both these books aren't easy to read and deal with very serious issues like SA and abuse and bullying. But if you can manage to read through it, the writing and the people will win you over. 

Books & Tea. 


Two cups of lemon tea, because one is not enough. 

No comments: