Wednesday 27 August 2014

Tag: A-Z Bookish Survey.



It's tag time again.

I am going to do the A to Z Bookish Survey that originated from this blog. It looks like a lot of fun so lets get started....

Author you've read most books from..

JK Rowling
Agatha Christie
Mary Higgins Clark
Enid Blyton

Best sequel ever...

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

Currently Reading...

The Wish Maker by Ali Sethi

Drink of choice when reading...

Iced- coffee or tea.

E-reader or physical book...

Physical books all the way. But I do enjoy reading on my Kindle and iPad.

Fictional Character you probably would have dated in high-school...

Wow..I am really struggling with this one, but Ron Weasley maybe?

Glad you gave this book a chance..

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, loads of hype around this book actually made me a little weary but I am so glad I picked this up and I loved it!

Hidden book gem...

Sorta Like A Rockstar by Matthew Quick- amazing book, I cannot recommend it enough.

Important Moment in reading life..

2011, for the first time in my life I began to document my reading life. I had a running list behind my planner of all the books I was reading. I could see for the first time how much reading I was getting done and it motivated me to read more!

Just Finished...

The Village by Nikita Lalwani, it was horrible!

Kind of Books you won't read...

Well, I am trying to branch out and read as many different books as I possibly can but I don't read anything by Chetan Bhagat. And I am not a fan of verrrryyyy actiony books and spy books and verryyy high fantasy.

Longest book you've read...

A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, my edition had 1478 pages! But worth every single page!

Major book hangover because of..

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Number of bookcases you own...

Two, but my books are stored across 7 locations in my house.

One Book you've read multiple times....

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

Preferred place to read...

Bed.

Quote that inspires you and gives you all the feels from a book you've read...

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” 
― Haruki MurakamiNorwegian Wood 

I agree with this quote so much! 

Reading regret..

Not reading all the Agatha Christie books before watching the TV shows, I still love the books but since they are basically whodunnits, it would have been fantastic to have read the books first. 

Series you started and need to finish (all the books are out)...

The Sherlock Holmes books, I know this is a cop out but I am not a big series reader and currently nothing I am reading has all the books out. 

Three of your all time favourite books...

The Harry Potter books 
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote 
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 

Unapologetic Fangirl about...

All things Sherlock. 
All things Potter. 
Murakami.
Penguin Library Editions...so pretty! 

Very excited for this release...

The new Murakami book- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage which is already out but I haven't bought it yet! Need it! 

Worst Bookish Habit..

Cracking spines. 

X marks the spot, start at the top left corner of your bookshelf and name the 27th book...

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie 

Your last book purchase..

Coraline by Neil Gaiman 

ZZZ- snatcher, a book that kept you way past your bedtime...

Well...I mostly read wayyy past my bedtime in any case so this doesn't really apply to me but the last time a book kept me up in spite of me wanting to get to bed was a thriller a read last month...I don't remember which one. 


No comments: