Thursday 28 August 2014

General Whimsy: Stuff I Watch and Love.









1. Murder in the First: A crime show essentially. It follows one case in one season, this season the case was a high profile murder investigation around a young self-made billionaire Eric Blunt. Blunt is accused of killing his birth father and his pregnant girlfriend. The show follows the case from the beginning, the trial and several twists and turns. Tom Felton (of Draco Malfoy fame) plays Eric Blunt brilliantly. I loved him in the show, in fact I am slightly ashamed to tell you, that I was cheering for him. :) I also kept expecting him to call someone a 'Mudblood'. :)

Since it has only 10 episodes and all of them have aired already, it was a great show to binge on. 



2. The Divide: Another crime/legal show but with a difference. It deals with a 14-year-old sensational murder of a black family and the two men convicted of the murder are in prison, one of them on death row. In comes the Innocence Initiative, an organisation that works hard to procure evidence to free those on death row. 

This first season, also aired, has only 8 episodes and is perfect to marathon watch. This show is very gripping and intense and raises many questions about justice, race and the corruption in the legal system. I loved this show, really loved it and I hope it gets renewed for a second season. 



3. The Strain: Creepy, scary and not for the faint of heart. Seriously, if you can't bear gore and gross things you ought to keep away from this show. Based on a series of books, this show is essentially about Vampires. And these vampires are scary as fuck. Not ones to fall in love with, these ones who want to stay away from. 

I have seen the first 6 episodes and I am super gripped and equal parts scared. If you love horror, you'll like this. 


4. Veronica Mars: I am a little late to this party but I have finally arrived and I am loving it!  The story of follows Veronica Mars who after her best friend is murdered and her father is removed as county sheriff, dedicates her life to cracking the toughest mysteries in the affluent town of Neptune.

This show is so fun! Veronica is super spunky and a bad-ass. Apart from the big mystery about her best-friend's death, each episode also includes little mysteries. 

I am a couple episodes in the first season and I am really enjoying it. I also watched the movie version earlier this week and I loved it so much and I had to jump into the TV show. 


2 comments:

Meg.Meh.P. said...

Wow, never heard about any of these. Will check them out. You should also watch this - a case spread across 8 episodes - you;ll love it, "Broadchurch".

xx

Pooja T said...

Hey Meg,
Thanks a TON for recommending 'Broadchurch'.. as you correctly assumed, we LOVE it!!
Binge watching it! :)
Thanks a ton for the recommendation!