Monday 13 February 2023

Book Haul: The First Books of 2023. (Bengali Classics).

 Hello Loves! 

This post is super duper late. 

I should have had this up wayyyy back in January, seeing that these books were ordered on the 1st of Jan. 

I decided to start my year with buying some books, as you do. And I also felt that it was the perfect start to my New Year. Books are always a good start and a good way to welcome newness. 

I bought two beautiful books from my corner of the world- Bengal.

I picked two classics and I cannot wait to read them. 

Let's see the prettiness. 



I have read this book before. But I wasn't the biggest fan of the translation. So when I saw that Penguin Modern Classics had a translation I had to get my hands on it. I am very happy to own this copy and read it eventually. I am thinking of reading this in April for my All Bengali Books in April. 
I am hoping to read this and then binge the Ray adaptations of it. 
It will break my heart but it seems like a good way to celebrate Bengaliness. 
Gosh I love this cover art so damn much! 



And then there is this beauty. 
Ah! 
So gorgeous! 
This cover just called out to me. 
And a Tagore novella is a good idea. 


This should be a good read and I might just save it for April too. 


I can't think of better books to start my year. 

BOOKS BOUGHT: 

Pather Panchali by Bibhutibushan Bandopadhyay 

Four Chapters by Rabindranath Tagore 


Happy Reading Loves :) 

No comments: