Thursday 5 June 2014

Read and Loved: Part II.


Love Story by Erich Segal: Everyone and their mother has read this book. Well, expect me...till about a month ago. I knew the story. I knew the ending. I knew the key dialogues. But then who doesn't. This book is a modern classic. It was high-time I read this book for myself! It was quick and easy read. I enjoyed it and am glad I finally read this book. This gorgeous floral book 
cover is also a great addition to my personal library. 

Rating: 4/5 


I was on a bit of a Sudha Murthy kick in April, I read 3 books by her. A full-length novel and these two short-story collections. 

How I Taught My Grandmother To Read and Other Stories. 
Wise and Otherwise. 

Both of these books are personal anecdotes and stories and life-experiences. I enjoyed them immensely. Simply written and full of humility and wisdom. I am definitely going to pick up more of Murthy's works. 

Rating: 4/5 for both. 



14 Stories That Inspired Satyajit Ray by Bhaskar Chattopadhyay: I love Satyajit Ray, this movies are some of my favorites. I also love his writing and I think I've pretty much read everything he's ever written. So of course when I saw this book, I had to have it. Though not written by him, this book consists of 14 short stories written by a variety of Bengali authors that inspired Ray's cinema. 

I loved this book. The stories, most of which I knew, since I've seen all these movies, were a delight to read. Even if you haven't seen any of Ray's movies, these stories are nice on their own. I also loved that this book has prints of the all the gorgeous movie posters. So lovely! This book definitely made me want to re-watch some of my favourite Ray films again. 

Rating: 4/5 


The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie- Taunting letters promising murder and mayhem, serial killings and Poirot on the case. I try and read at least one Agatha Christie book a month, on most months I read 2! I read this book in the end of May and really enjoyed it. Plus, it has Hastings in it. I love Poirot and Hastings solving crimes together! Loved it. The crimes, the smattering of clues and the final reveal were all great. 

Rating: 4/5 

No comments: