Tuesday 17 June 2014

Review: Isobel Journal by Isobel Harrop.





Book: Isobel Journal

Author: Isobel Harrop

Pages: 208

How Long it Took Me to Read: 2 hours

Plot Summary: There isn't a plot here really. This is pretty much the journal of a young girl, her thoughts, feelings, first love, heart-break and her views and the things she loves.

General Thoughts: I have been trying to read more graphic novels. I really enjoy the art and unique story telling format. I came across this book on Tumblr or something and the art looked like fun. Luckily, I found it for cheap. That's the thing with graphic novels they usually cost more than regular books. Ah! But the art and paper quality justifies the price.

Review: I really enjoyed this book. I read it in bed after a particularly crappy day. This book cheered me up and was exactly what I needed. It was a happy, pretty and a fun read. The art isn't spectacular. But it is real and reading this book and flipping through the art is just like reading someone real's journal. A lot of the pages and the simple drawings about everyday things was reading old journals of mine.

While I enjoyed this book, I can see that is might not be for everyone. The art is simple. There is no real plot. No story. Just everyday life and thoughts and feelings. If that is not something you'd enjoy, then maybe give this book a miss.

Rating: 4/5 

No comments: