Wednesday 1 October 2014

A Day in the Life of Me: Saptami, Durga Pujo 2014.


Hello, today was Saptami, the second day of Durga Pujo, the biggest Bengali festival of the year. 
I spent the day pandal hopping and seeing the glorious idols of Maa Durga and her four children. 
These pictures are from The Shivaji Park Durga Pujo, in Bombay. 

I had a lovely day with my family. We pandal hopped, ate yummy food and laughed a lot. 




A little glimpse of What I Wore today, a blockprinted kurta from Fabindia. A mixed bunch of silver bangles and my lovely tiger print bag. I wore a lot of colour. Durga pujo for me since my childhood has been about festivity, eating well, having fun and new clothes. When I was little, I got clothes from my parents, both sets of grandparents and uncles and aunts- I made quite a killing! :) 

Somewhere the love for new clothes still survives! :) 
I plan outfits in advance and keep aside clothes for months to wear during Durga Pujo. 




A random bench I saw today. 

I intend on doing more of these days in the life of me posts in future. :) To document some fun days in the life of me! 

No comments: