Wednesday 28 February 2018

Monthly Reading Wrap- Up: February 2018.


Hello! 

February is over. Just like that my favourite month of the year has come and gone!
:( 
Time to wrap-up my reading in the second month of the year. 
Truth be told February was quite a dismal reading month for me. 
I read very little. Only 6 books! 6 Books! 
  By my standards I barely read at all!
But I am not bumming too hard, it was a month in which I had a lot of other things going on. 
I travelled. 
I got caught up in my birthday joys.
I watched movies. 
I did a ton of other things and my life was not centred around reading like it normally is and for a change it was alright. 

But I did read a handful of books and now it's time to talk about them. 

Books Read in February 2018. 

1. Thicker Than Blood by Munmun Ghosh: A book I read via Kindle Unlimited. A book I had sitting on my Kindle and I started reading it early one morning and read in one sitting. It's premise is pretty unique- about a woman dealing with infertility and her quest to have a baby. It shows her struggles against the backdrop of her Indian joint family and society's reaction to a couple's fertility issues. It was an interesting read but I was sorta bored by the middle of the book and didn't quite enjoy the second half. It will be perhaps more enjoyable or relatable to a reader who is dealing with the same issues. To be it was a little lacking in keeping my interest. 
Rating: 2/5 

2. Juniper Lemon's Happiness Index by Julie Israel: A YA contemporary dealing with a girl who is trying to unearth some truths about her sister's death and her secret love interest. It is a mix of grief, healing, moving on and a family in throes of grief. I enjoyed this book and seeing Juniper navigate her own grief and helping out others with their issues as well. I loved the friends she makes and even her love story was very engaging. 
Rating: 3.5/5 

3. The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn: A very hyped read all across social media. My sister and I buddy-read this book together and we have a full review up on the blog as well. You can read it HERE. 
I enjoyed this book for most part but I had guessed a couple of twists before the halfway mark in the book. 
Rating: 3/5 

4. Prankenstien Edited by Ruskin Bond & Jerry Pinto: A fun and joyful read. 
Full review can be found here
Rating: 4/5  

5. History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund: A book I really didn't like. 
The writing was good and atmospheric. But I was bored out of my mind. It was one of those books that gave more importance to style than story and that is just not my thing. 
Really not my cup of tea.
Rating: 1/5 

6. Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom: Another YA contemporary about a blind girl with a lot of rules of engagement. It was really interesting to read from such a unique perspective and seeing the world (pun not intended at all) from a blind protagonist's eyes.
Rating: 3.5/5 

No comments: