Thursday 18 April 2019

Book Haul: Books of March 2019.


Hello! 
Time to throw it back to some glorious books I bought in the month of March. 
March overall was a good month, book wise and other wise. I read a ton of good books and even bought a handful of great books. 
I've already shared my Faber Stories book haul before, these are the other books I picked up, all of them Indian books. 
Some Chughtai. 
Some true crime. 
A memoir. 
A text in translation.
A masala read. 
A good mix! 

Let's see some of the beauties I've added to my shelves lately. 


Chughtai has been one of my absolute favourites for years now. I first read her when I was 14 and she blew my mind. So far though, I've only read her short stories. So when I saw some of her full length novels had been translated, I jumped on it. There are a few more I'd like to eventually get my hands on. But these two are a good place to start. Both of these are set in the Bollywood of the 40s and 50s and I can't wait to get to these. 


This looks so much like Guru Dutt and Nadira.
Doesn't it? 



If you haven't read Chughtai before, please do. Start with her iconic short stories. They are brilliant.



I am a huge, huge fan of the show, so I just couldn't resist this book. 


I had been meaning to read this little book for a while now, finally got my hands on it and picked it up and read it. 





BOOKS BOUGHT/// 

1. A Very Strange Man by Ismat Chughtai 

2. Masooma by " 

3. Crime Patrol by Annup Sonii and Oswald Pereira 

4. The Music of Solitude by Krishna Sobti 

5. Aftertaste by Namita Devidayal 

6. Small Acts of Freedom by Gurmehar Kaur 


No comments: