Sunday 9 February 2020

Weekend Reads: Famous Five + The Dilemma.

Hello! 

How is your weekend shaping up? 
Mine is a slow and hopefully restful one with some chores around the house and some reading of course.  

This is what my sister and I are reading this weekend. 


I am reading///

The Famous Five by Enid Blyton, Five Run Away Together: It has been months since I have come back to my beloved Boxset of Famous Five. I am pacing myself and not re-reading all of these in one go...so I am on Book 3 at the moment. And it's so good coming back to a familiar world that brings back so many memories of my childhood. 
My last book was a pretty heavy and melancholic read, so this book is a perfect antidote to that. 
I am a little bit in and so far it's been as wonderful as one would expect. 

Plot Summary: In their third adventure, the Famous Five discover that someone has been on George's island. And what is locked in the mysterious trunk hidden on Kirrin Island?
The Famous Five think they're on the trail of smugglers - until they hear a child scream.

My sister is reading/// 

The Dilemma by B A Paris: My sister has had an insanely busy work week, and is in fact working over the weekend too, but when she is taking a break she is sneaking in a few pages here and there of The Dilemma. 
We have read everything BA Paris has written so far and enjoyed her writing immensely. So when Harper Collins offered to send me this book for review, it was a no brainer. 
My sister is only a little bit in and hopefully will read more tomorrow, but so so far in it's been a good ride. 

Plot Summary: It’s Livia’s 40th birthday and she’s having the party of a lifetime to make up for the wedding she never had. Everyone she loves will be there except her daughter Marnie, who’s studying abroad. But although Livia loves Marnie, she’s secretly glad she won’t be at the party. She needs to tell Adam something about their daughter but she’s waiting until the party is over so they can have this last happy time together.
Adam wants everything to be perfect for Livia so he’s secretly arranged for Marnie to come home and surprise her on her birthday. During the day, he hears some terrible news. He needs to tell Livia, because how can the party go on? But she’s so happy, so excited – and the guests are about to arrive.
The Dilemma – how far would you go to give someone you love a last few hours of happiness? 


No comments: