Saturday 20 August 2016

Weekend Reads: The Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund & The Book of Gold Leaves by Mirza Waheed

Hello! 

The weekend is upon us. 
This weekend the plan is to read, read and read some more. 
:) 

For this edition of Weekend Reads, I also want to include what my sister is reading. 

She is reading...The Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund.
A dark, psychological thriller that is  garnering a lot of good reviews and hype. 
And it has a cannibal element! 
:0
My sister is a few pages in and she is sufficiently creeped out :) 
It's good she says, dark and creepy and good! 
But it's a chunk of book. So find a comfy spot before you embark on this book! 





As for me I am still making my way through The Book of Gold Leaves by Mirza Waheed


A book set in Kashmir. About two lovers against the backdrop of violence, conflict and strife. 
I am only 62 pages in and really enjoying the writing and the story telling. However it is a little slow. Like there is a lot of descriptions and it's a slow burn of a book...I wish something would quicken the pace a bit...I think it's coming. But so far it's a little bit glacial in it's pace.


If I manage to finish this book, which I don't think I'll end up doing...it's quite long.
I'll pick up a book to re-read from my shelves. Maybe something by Sudha Murthy.
Or I might pick one of my many Ruskin Bond books!
Ah! That sounds like a plan.

:) 

Happy Reading folks.
Have a great weekend. 

No comments: