Friday 21 September 2018

Book Haul: Books of September 2018, Part- I

Hello! 

Time to share another bunch of books I've added to my shelves lately. 
September has been a slow-ish reading month for me. I have been reading slower or more intently if you will all of this month. My book buying has also been slower and more restrained, which I can assure you is a good thing be. 

I got these books from Amazon in the first week of the month and I have added more books in the weeks that followed, I will be sharing them soon. 

Let's see what I've added to my shelves lately..


I can't remember the last time I bought a Penguin English Library book. I love these editions like mad and own over 30 books from this line of gorgeous classics. But it had been a hot minute since I had added a new books from the line. I saw this book a couple of weeks ago on Instagram and I knew it was time to get another gorgeous book. The yellow flowers were just too pretty to pass up and a novella is something I could read more of. 



I am always, always interested in reading mythology re-tellings or re-imaginings. Add short stories to the mix and I am a goner. I am so excited to read this book, I think it's going to be a good one! 



I read and absolutely LOVED Elizabeth is Missing a couple of years ago and when I saw that the author had a new book out I had to get it. 



I am all in for a any new Poirot book. I know some people want nothing to do with these new books but man it's another chance to visit with my favourite detective. I am not going to pass on it. Of course, it isn't Agatha Christie and honestly no one can measure up to her standards but it's still great have some more Poirot in the world. 



BOOKS BOUGHT/// 

Whistle in the Dark by Emma Healey 
The Mystery of the Three Quarters by Sophie Hannah 
The Birth of Kali by Anita Sivakumaran 
Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth Von Arnim 

A tiny but a happy book haul! 

:) 

Happy Reading Folks! 

No comments: