Friday 3 April 2020

April 2020 Reading List. All Bengali Books in April TBR.


Hello! 

I don't usually make elaborate TBRs anymore. For a while there, a couple of years ago, I was a pretty diligent TBR maker and then I kinda just stopped. For no real reason, I just stopped making TBRs. I read books as and when I feel like them and it works for me just fine. 
But for special occasions or to adhere to a reading theme, a TBR is a good idea be. 
So for this month and for reading only Bengali books all month long, I figured I take a good look at my shelves and make a TBR to guide my reading and make life a little easier. 

So here is everything I hope to read this month. 

APRIL TBR/// 

1. The Circle of Reason by Amitav Ghosh. 

2. The Song Seekers by Saswati Sengutpa. 

3. A Life Less Ordinary by Baby Halder. 

4. A Life Long Ago by Sunanda Sikdar. 

5. In the Name of the Mother by Mahashweta Devi. 

6. Sister of my Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. (RR) 

7. Wonderworld and Other Stories by Sunil Gangapadhyay. 

8. An Atlas of Impossibly Longing by Anuradha Roy. 

9. Friends from College by Devapriya Roy. 

10. Janani Mothers, Daughter and Motherhood. 


A memoir penned by a former domestic worker about her life and struggles. 


Set in the 1960s in a sprawling yet crumbling mansion on Calcutta, where a new bride learns about her new family and their secrets and history. 


An anthology of stories about mothers and daughters. Sounds so good. 


My first ever Mahashweta Devi and I am excited as can be. 


A re-read for me, an old much loved book. 


A woman looks back and remembers the days of her childhood, especially leaving her home in East Pakistan and moving to a village in India. 


What I am currently reading. 
It's wonderful.
Sunil Gangopadhyay is such a wonderful writer. 


No Bengali reading is complete without some Amitav Ghosh. 


This has sat unread on my shelves for quite some time. 


A nostalgia and fun and feeling filled read. My sister read it last year and really enjoyed it, so I am excited to get to this when I need a happy read. 
:) 

I am also hoping to do a fair amount of re-reading, I have so many books I keep meaning to re-visit. 
Feluda. 
More Ray short stories. 

This is one of my favourite reading months ever! 

Happy Reading Folks! 
:) 

No comments: