Thursday 30 April 2020

Monthly Favourites: April 2020.

Hello! 

Ah! April. 
Where do I even begin? 
What a month! 

Once again I find myself thinking long and hard at finding things I loved this month and my first impulse was to skip listing faves for this month and let this shitfest of a month be gone and done with. But honestly, even in all this mess, all this uncertainty, fear and anxiety there have been small moments of respite. 
Little silver linings. 

Finding bread. 
Making malpuas
A perfectly done pocha.
A breezy day. 
Long afternoon naps. 
Cold showers. 
Writing again. 

Even in all this darkness there were moments of light. 

So here are some of my favourite things from this month. 


1. Colouring: I can happily just zone out and colour for hours on end and never be bored or lost in my anxious thoughts. This little colouring book has kept me happily occupied and happy for most of this month. So glad I am a little hoarder of colouring books and supplies. 


A little something I did last evening. 


2. My Cozy Bed: Sleep is where we escape to. This month I have made my bed my happy place. Lined up loads of my plushies, the only people I hang out with anymore. Changed the bedding and pillow cases and made these sweeties look all adorable. They make me smile every single morning when I wake, a great sight to wake up to. I am all about making my inner child happy. 
These plushies are from all over. 
Wish.
Chumbak. 
Etsy. 
And a couple of Instagram shops. 


3. Some eBook Hauling: A happy day when I bought 10 new eBooks. What a treat! What a joy! 
I honestly cannot wait to go in to bookshops and buy books again. I will sing my way into bookshops. Till that day comes, I am more than grateful for my Kindle and eBooks. 


4. Kurtas from Kameez. Co: The only shopping I've done all month...well not really, the only package that got delivered this month. Two beautiful kurtas from Kameez Co, my second time getting something from them and I am so in love. 
I can't wait to wear these beauties. 


Fish Fish Fish. 


5. Cozy Nap Set-Up: Come summer I like to set up little 'nests' to rest in. I layer a couple of rugs, quilts and  enough cushions to make a little fort. I can be found lolling about here, book in hand, music in my ears and a cup of coffee to keep me company and sit as close to AC as possible. Especially since my bedroom AC died early into the lockdown, the living room has been my refuge. 

The quilt is from Fabindia. 
The cushion covers are all from Chumbak. 


My preferred spot to read in. 


6. All Bengali Books in April: I have loved reading so many Bengali voices all month long. I love reading books from my corner of the world. It's been a thing of comfort to read stories based in places I am so deeply familiar with it. 
Of course, I didn't read every single book on my TBR but I am happy with all the reading I got this month. 


7. Panchayat: Hands down my favourite thing I've watched all month. Simple, sweet, real and at times infuriating. I will admit it took about 2-3 episodes for this to grow on me but by the end I was wholly invested in this show and it's wonderful cast of characters.  If you haven't seen it yet, please do. It's a fun and heart warming show that is perfect to watch right now. 


Apart from these, my other favourite things have been...

Cooking up a storm. 
Sharing my recipes. 
Making desserts. 
Video chats with my parents. 
Reading in bed. 

You've been hard April. 
I am not sad to see you leave. 



No comments: