Sunday 12 April 2020

Life Lately: Journal Pages + Plushies + Home + Decor + Reading.


Hello! 

How are thing with you? 
The last few days have gone by in a blur. I swear, I intended to be better at blogging during this time. Write more. Do more reviews. 
But..honestly...between all the house work, cooking and worrying constantly being productive is too much of an ask. 
I applaud anyone who's making the most of these days and learning something new and diminishing their TBR, but me..I am allowing myself to feel the things I am feeling, losing myself in a good book or two and just cooking up comfort food. 
That's how I am coping. 


A journal entry apt for this occasion. 

Our lockdown has been extended till the 30th of April, it came as no surprise. My city is struggling, the cases are above 1000 and this lockdown is absolutely necessary. Devastating but needed. I am no stranger to being homebound. I am happy to be home. It's just this whole stress and worry and scarcity of things that bothers me. 
Add to that our bedroom AC has died on us and we can't get a new one till the lockdown is over..and when that will be I don't even know. And it's getting hot. Today, right now as I am writing this its 30 degrees but feels like 36! 
Also we need a new TV, not an essential item, we were putting off getting a new one and now we can't. 
All of these sufferings are nothing compared to what so many people are going through. But these are my problems and I am allowed to crib about them. 
The AC more than the TV would be welcome addition to our home right now. 
:( 
But it's OK. I just need to figure out a way to live through this, like I have any other option! 

~Seriously, don't mind my venting.~


Now on to some happy things...
A cheerful corner of home. 
Little things to cheer me up//

Changed my bedsheets last night. 
Made all my plushies sit like royalty. 
:) 
They are the only gang I hang out with now! 


More cuteness via one of my Stickii Club kits. 
The little Koala bear doing things is my favourite thing ever. 


Another corner of my bedroom all colourful and cozy.
Making my space cozy does wonders for my mood and mental health. 
:) 

Oh, Happy Easter folks. 
I hope by next year we are out and celebrating and feasting on delicious food and Easter eggs. 
I hope and pray that this miserable time is over. 





I am currently reading The Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee, a mystery novel set during the British Raj. 
My sister has read 3 books in the this series and loves them and I figured it's high time I got to them as well. 
The book has already been reviewed on the blog and you can read it HERE. 

I hope you guys are home, surrounded by family and your books. 
Happy Reading! 
:) 
Stay Safe you guys.

No comments: