Tuesday 4 March 2014

Birthday Book Haul 2014 Edition!!!!!

I went allllll out for my birthday. Hit 3 stores and bought a total of 19 books...and no guilt either. I believe in treating yourself on your birthday. Do all the things that make you happy. For me- it means buying books! For a couple of years now I've spent a part of my birthday buying books. I love that this is my birthday tradition.

Here are all the books I got this year...


Already read this book and will have a review up soon. It was really well-written and I want to read more Joyce Carol Oates! 


This book sounds so cute and I am sure it's full of feels! Even the sweet man at Strand said this book was great! 


I want to read more classic children's stories- the ones I didn't read as a child. This book sounds so sweet and has a spunky little girl in it. 


I love short stories..enough said! 


This book is technically something the sister picked up. It's about a sweet boy growing up in a quirky little family in the 1990s in Kerela. I also love the illustration in the back. 



A very interesting book about the lost words of the English language. I heard about it a while ago and I can't way to read it bits and bobs at a time. 


A story about twin sisters with psychic powers. Sounds good! 


Bollywood stars writing fiction...why not? I hope it's good! 




Set in the 1970s in a hill-station boarding school, it tells the story of it's newest teacher and has a mystery in it as well...sounds pretty good! 


I have wanted a copy of this book for freakinggggggggg forever! So glad I finally got me a copy! 


Read this already and didn't really like it! 




Hmmmmmmmmm...Indian historical style romance books! Is all I can say! They sound like fun and I am sorta excited to read them. Get this...this series of books is called Kama Kahani! :) 


My Christmas reading for this year is all sorted! Also look how pretttyyy??!!! 

I found these gorgeous Peter Pauper Press books at Strand and went mad and got six of them! They are sooooooooo incredibly beautiful. It makes my heart happy :) 




Wow! That's a whole lotta love and a whole lotta books! And these are not all the books I got in February. I didn't add them up..because I don't want to have a mini-stroke! 

But March is definitely a no-book-buying month for this bookworm! 

What books have you bought lately? 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! 19 books are very huge haul >.< So jealous of you.. I just bought two books entitled The Art of Thinking Clearly and Why Men Love Bitches

Unknown said...

Wow!!! 19 books are very huge haul >.< So jealous of you.. I just bought two books entitled The Art of Thinking Clearly and Why Men Love Bitches