Monday 28 November 2016

Monday Moods: Gilmore Girls- A Year in the Life!

Hello! 

My weekend if described in one word..or two was basically Gilmore Girls!
Ah! 
After all this time we were back in Stars Hollow and it's quirky and adorable inhabitants. And I couldn't be happier.
When I first heard about the revival I was a bit skeptical. I was terrified of it being like the Sex and The City movie debacles. (Those movies were horse shit!) 
But I was so happy to have a slice of one my favourite shows back. Even for just a measly four episodes I was happy to be back in this world. 
:)


If you haven't watched the new episodes, do so now.
If you haven't watched the original episodes...seriously go watch them.
You won't regret a thing.
It isn't a perfect TV show but it is wonderfully quirky, with clever writing and some memorable and loveable characters.
It is a treat.
It will make you crave some (a lot of) coffee and some junk food.
Be warned but seriously, watch it. 

I will now talk about my feeling about the revival, there will be SPOILERS so if you don't want to be spoiled...go away. 

Gone?

Still here?

Let's do this! 

Oh! 

I loved it.
I really loved it. 

THINGS I LOVED! 

  • Seeing my favourite fictional town again. To see so many of it's loving, kind and good people again. Miss Patty, Gypsy, Taylor and Kirk---good old strange and funny Kirk and his little piglet. :) 
  • Seeing Lorelai and Luke in their long awaited relationship and home life. These two deserve a happily ever after. 
  • Emily Gilmore's character really came on her own and seeing her deal with her grief was both heart-breaking but real and lovely. She really surprised me with having a whole Hispanic family moving in with her and being so kind to them.
  • Jess! I am wholly and have always been Team Jess. It broke my heart that those two couldn't make it work. It was nice to see him again and he was just as lovely. 
  • Rory's struggles in her career and her general struggle with who she is was just...real and relatable. Rory is my age and I've always felt very connected to her and identified with her. She was my favourite Gilmore Girl and seeing her struggle was hard but it made sense. 
  • Lorelai was the Gilmore I liked best in this series. Way more than I've ever liked her before. 
  • I loved and really appreciated that so many of the old-timers showed up for a friendly appearance. Dean, Suki and even Rory's dad. 
  • It was good to see Paris Geller- the scenes with her were so funny- and even go back for a bit to Chilton- Rory's fancy prep school! 
  • This series still had so much of the magic of the original series. 
  • The last episode Fall was hands down my favourite. I was a sobbing mess by the end. So good! 
  • The wedding was great too. 
THINGS I DIDN'T LOVE! 

Like I said before, Rory was my favourite Gilmore Girl. I actually find the Lorelai of the original series a tad bit annoying at times. Rory was my age and loved reading and was quiet and studious and bright and I really loved her. 
I felt a little disappointed by her now.
And it's not her career confusion. That was the most relatable and human bit about her. 
Oh...she was almost never shown reading in these episodes! :O What?!!!! 

Back to my disappointment with Rory...the way she treats Paul was not funny. And it made me very uncomfortable that it was used as such a joke. It's not nice to forget about someone who is your boyfriend for over 2 years and really treat him like shit. Not cool! 

Also the whole thing with Logan was just awful.
Ugh! 
I never liked Logan to begin with...but Rory being his thing on the side, while he is engaged to another woman. NO! Just no! 
I expected better from her...even though she did a similar thing with a newly married Dean.
It just made me not like Rory...the way she treats the men in her life. 
Not cool. 

THE ENDING....hmmm...it gives me hope for more episodes? 
I really hope there are more. 
But if not...I could have done without the cliffhanger. 
And I guess Logan is the baby daddy...which makes me sad...and Jess still likes Rory...ugh!
I really hope there are more episodes. 
And even if there aren't I guess this is a full circle kinda ending which I guess I understand. 

⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜ 

I need to get to bed!
It's 6:13 am and I just needed to write this down, so my thoughts were still fresh.
Future me will edit and post this later in the day. 

I hope you guys have a good Monday. 



No comments: