Monday 12 March 2018

To-Be-Read List/// March 2018 + Femme March Reading List!

Hello! 

It's the 12th of the month and I am finally here with my monthly TBR! 
Well...it is what it is! 
:) 

This March I am participating in the amazing Femme March Readalong in which all I am reading is Women Authors in honour of International Women's Day. 
I couldn't be happier and to be honest this is a pretty easy reading challenge or theme, if there ever was, because my shelves are most certainly partial to women writers. 
I have tried to keep my Reading List as diverse as I possibly can and also read some authors I've meant to read for ages but haven't so far, writers like Ali Smith, Zadie Smith, Kamala Markandaya and Dorris Lessing. My own personal reading challenge within a reading theme! 

Yay! 

So here is my MARCH TBR! 


I have 2 Zadie Smith books on my shelves and I haven't read any of them. That changes this month! 
I am going to start with NW and I hope I love it as so many other's do. 


Penguin sent me this book my way for review and it is a YA thriller which sounds so good! 
And written by a woman about a young girl dealing with some serious stuff. I can't wait to read it. 


I have this book- Manhattan Mango sitting on my shelves for a while now and I figured it's high time I read it. 


I read Jacob Hills back in 2013 and I really loved it. Time for a re-read! 


A collection of spooky stories. I am always in the mood for this! Now this is an anthology of 13 spooky stories and most of the writers here are women. I think 9 out of 13 writers are women so I think that's OK! 


My first Ali Smith!
Another writer I own 2 books of and haven't read any. I really wanted to get Autumn but I felt if I hadn't read her older books I shouldn't get her newest. Anyone else do this with books? 
I have read this book and I loved it! I see now what the fuss is all about. I can't wait to read more from her. 


Now some short stories- from Alice Munro and Dorris Lessing. 



A historical fiction! 


My latest read and my first ever Markandaya read and it was just so wonderful! 


My March TBR/// 

Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya
Girl Meets Boy by Ali Smith 
Jacob Hills by Ismita Tandon Dhankher (Re-Read) 
Boo Edited by Shinie Anthony 
To Room Nineteen by Doris Lessing 
Manhattan Mango by Madhuri Iyer 
The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr 
Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro 
Urnabhih by Sumedha V Ojha 
N-W by Zadie Smith 

I am so happy with my reading list this month. I hope to read most of these books by the end of the month. I've already strayed a bit and read The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish. A book I loved and will do a full review really soon. 

I am so happy reading participating in this read-along. Celebrating women and women writers and women's stories all month long! 

:) 

Are you participating in #FemmeMarch and #FemmeMarchFest ? 


No comments: