Wednesday 1 August 2018

Hello August 2018! + Indian Books in August! + My Current Read.



Hello August! 

Hello Independence Day! 

Hello reading books from the Indian Subcontinent all month long! 
:) 

August has become one of  my favourite months of the year thanks to my Reading Theme of the month. For the last 5 years, I've been dedicatedly reading books from the Indian Subcontinent in the month that marks the independence of both India and Pakistan and even the erstwhile- East Pakistan, now of course Bangladesh celebrates it's independence in December. This month has significance for this entire subcontinent of ours and I like to celebrate all month long in the best way I know. BOOKS! 

My Line-up for this year is pretty impressive if I say so myself. 
I have books from Pakistan.
Bangladesh.
Sri Lanka. 

And of course books from every possible corner of India! 
I am stoked! 

My full TBR will be coming tomorrow. Once I can find my pesky camera and actually snap some pictures! 


I am starting my reading month with Satyajit Ray and Nayak. 
A novelisation of one of Ray's films- Nayak. 
I don't think I've seen the film in it's entirety. So this story will be entirely new to me. 
:)



Ray's aesthetic was everything. 
These pictures are stunning. 


I hope you have a great August. 

I hope it's full of rains and love and good books! 

:) 


No comments: