Thursday 6 February 2014

Book Haul: January 2014 Was a Good Month for Books!


Read this and loved it. Review coming very soon! 



A non-fiction book that looks at the British women who came to India in the hopes of finding a suitable husband amongst those stationed in India. It's the story of their lives and as a bonus it's full of beautiful black and white pictures from the time. Seems lovely and I can't wait to get started on it. 


I've seen the movie adaptation of this book- 1947 Earth and loved it and highly recommend it. The ending on that movie and of course this book is one the most hard hitting and chilling things I've ever seen. The book is supposed to be brilliant and I am glad I am going to finally going to read it! Also the bookcover is just  stunning! 

The books above I picked up from Kitaab Khana. 

The ones below are all from Amazon. 

I really am enjoying Amazon but I have to say some of the books show up a little bit beat up. 



This is the tiniest book ever!!!! 62 pages long and little as hell! So cute, perfect to shove in tiny bags! Of course, I really want to read some Alice Munro! 



Oscar Wilde solving crimes! Yes please! Sounds so fun! 




I saved the best for last! I adore these Penguin Ink Editions...a tattoo artist does the bookcover and the art in the inside flap as well as the back. So freaking pretty! I wanted Notes on a Scandal in general but when this popped up...I just had to get the pretty book! 





January was a great month for books. I got a ton of good books and I read a fair amount too. So net-net I am of to a good start in 2014. 


Let me know if you've read any of these books? 

No comments: