Wednesday 10 February 2016

Book Haul// eBooks of February 2016.

Hello! 

This post/haul comes hot and fresh to you. Meaning I just added some ebooks to my life and I want to share them with you. 

I want to read books that I want to sink into and read into the night. 
These are some books I've wanted to read for a while and this being my birthday month, I just treated myself. 

There is some happy reading in my future folks :) 

Let's see the new books in my life.. 


1. Brooklyn by Colm Toibin: I recently, in December, watched the movie and found it utterly charming and touching. Since it's based on a book of course, I want to read it. Historical fiction is something I enjoy and I've read one other book by Colm Toibin and I enjoyed his writing. This should be a good read. I have high hopes. 

For now, I highly recommend the movie, if you haven't seen it already. 


2. Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica: This book has been on my radar for a while now. I read The Good Girl by Mary Kubica around this time last year and quite enjoyed it and I am happy to get into this book. It's about a woman who sees a young teen-mom on the streets in a bad state and decides on the spur of the moment to bring her home. This action has some far-reaching consequences. Interesting right?! I am so excited for this book. 


3. A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James: This book won the Man Booker Prize for 2015 and just based on that I want to give it a read. Set in Jamaica- it has Bob Marley, a murder attempt and is told from various perspectives, this has such good reviews and I am happy to get to it. I might get to this next month or so. 


4. The Sudden Departure of the Frasers by Louise Candlish: This is the book I am MOST excited about. A young couple gets a fantastic deal on a beautiful home, a deal almost too good to be true. Once they move into the home, their new neighbours don't really warm up to them and keep their distance. Then the couple finds out that the previous owners of the house, The Frasers, lavishly renovated the house and then left in a hurry and no one knows where they went. :) 
Ah! I can't wait to get into this. I might buddy read this with my sister. 


5. Find Her by Lisa Gardner: I've read a few Lisa Gardners in the past and have enjoyed their fast-paced stories. This one sounds good too, a woman who in her youth was abducted and held for over 400 days is now helping other women/girls in the same situation. Another candidate for Buddy Reading. 

Happy Reading guys. 

I also have some physical books coming my way soon. So expect another haul soon! 

:) 

No comments: