Friday 7 June 2013

Books Read so Far in 2013!

  1. The Glass Gieshas- Susanna Quinn
  2. Hold Tight- Harlan Coben
  3. Tell No One- "
  4. The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction- Volume I  {Loved this!}
  5. There Was No One at the Bus Stop- Shirshendu Mukherjee
  6. The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp- Volume II {So fun!}
  7. The Sense of an Ending- Julian Barnes
  8. A Fine Family- Gurcharan Das {Really enjoyed this.}
  9. Anna Dressed in Blood- Kandare Blake
  10. The Invisible Ones- Steff Penney
  11. Everyday- David Levithan
  12. 20th Century Ghosts- Joe Hill
  13. The Museum of Dr. Moses- Joyce Carol Oates
  14. Jumping off Swings- Jo Knowles
  15. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- Michelle Hodgkin
  16. Choker- Elizabeth Woods
  17. Falling Angels- Tracy Chevalier 
  18. Those Pricey Thakur Girls- Anuja Chauhan {Really, really good!}
  19. Hush, Hush- Becca Fitzpatrick
  20. Lola and the Boy Next Door- Stephanie Perkins {You have gotta read this!}
  21. Ripper- Amy Carol Reeves
  22. 13 Little Blue Envelopes- Maureen Johnson
  23. Lily and Dash's Book of Dares- David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
  24. The Vanishing Game- Kate Kae Myers 
  25. A Monster Calls- Patrick Ness {Really sweet and heart-warming.}
  26.  Let Her Rest Now- Vijay Nair
  27. Wither- Lauren De Stefano
  28. Fever-    "
  29. Sever-   " 
  30. Witch Child- Celia Rees
  31. Trafficked- Sophie Hayes
  32. Legend- Marie Lu
  33. Just One Day- Gayle Forman
  34. Train to Pakistan- Khuswant Singh
  35. Easy- Tamara Webber
  36. The Sittaford Mystery- Agatha Christie 
  37. Pushing the Limits- Katie McGarry
  38. Before I Fall- Lauren Oliver
  39. The Girl in the Garden- Kamala Nair
  40. Five Little Pigs- Agatha Christie 
  41. Story of a Girl- Sara Zarr
  42. Sweethearts-    "
  43. Byomkesh Bakshi Stories- Sarabindu Banerjee 
  44. The Menagerie and other Byokesh Bakshi Stories- "
  45. The Rhythm of Riddles-  "
  46. The Mark of Vishnu- Khuswant Singh
  47. Insurgent- Veronica Roth
  48. Into the Darkest Corner- Elizabeth Haynes {Scary, terrifying and about domestic violence.}
  49. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour- Lisa Kleypas 
  50. A Strange and Sublime Address- Amit Chaudhari 
  51. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood 
  52. Elephants Can Remember- Agatha Christie
  53. Ghost Song- Sarah Rayne 
  54. If I Stay- Gayle Forman
  55. Without a Trace, Nancy Drew Mystery- Carolyn Keene
  56. Persepolis I- Marjane Satrapi {Insanely good!}
  57. Persepolis II-    "
  58. Nemesis- Agatha Christie 
  59. Poona Company- Farroukh Dhondy
  60. The Declaration- Gemma Malley 
  61. Difficult Pleasure- Anjum Hassan 
  62. The Death of Vishnu- Manil Suri
  63. The Picture of Dorian Grey- Oscar Wilde {Only classic read this year, loved this one.}
  64. The Collector- John Fowles 
  65. The Thing Around Your Neck- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  66. Endless Night- Agatha Christie
  67. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle- Haruki Murakami
  68. Hanging Hill- Mo Hayder 
  69. Alone- Lisa Gardner 
  70. The Lottery- Shirley Jackson
  71. Summer People-  "
  72. Halloween Party- Agatha Christie 
  73. Lajja- Taslima Nasrin 
  74. You Belong to Me- Karen Rose
  75. Dead Man's Folly- Agatha Christie 
Safe to say I am doing pretty good on my 100 books challenge...Good Reads wants me to up my challenge number. I am going to wait till I meet the challenge and then see. I might push it up to 150...or not. I might be out of town for the last two months of the year and might not get a ton of reading done then, so it doesn't make sense to get cocky and biting off more than I can chew.

I've read all these books and I have largely liked most of them...some better than others. One of my reading resolutions for this year is to not suffer through a book I didn't like. If I don't like it, I stop reading it and maybe in a couple of years I'll get back to it or I give it to someone who'll appreciate it better. Life is too short to read bad books!

I'll be doing proper reviews on some of the books I loved best. Tell me if you'd like me to review a particular book on the list. And tell me if you've read any of these books and what you thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there, you should write up a review for Anna And The French Kiss. I personally LOVED that book and how beautifully Stephanie Perkins described Paris, and ofcourse Etienne was the highlight, its impossible not to like his character :D You should review Lola And The Boy Next Door too, I'm currently reading it so I don't know how it ends but so far its an amazing read.

Pooja T said...

I am currently working on a review of Lola and the Boy next door, I personally loved it better than Anna and the French Kiss. Though Etienne was pretty perfect! Did you enjoy Lola???