Friday 7 June 2013

May 2013 Book Haul.









Let me just say I incredibly proud I am of myself. To buy just 5 books in a month...if you know me you know that is not how I normally roll!!! I am more like 15 books a month kinda girl!!! I kid you not! 

But May saw me fall pretty sick and that meant no long strolls in my favourite bookstores and therefore not a vast amount of book. Being flu-struck also meant I was trying to stay away from the laptop and therefore no buying books from online bookstores. But around the 25th, just when I was being all happy about not buying a single book in May, Flipkart had a flat 50% sale! Well...some browsing later, these books were in my cart. And of course, not all of them were 50% off. I got only 3 for really cheap and the rest with the regular discounts. Still not bad! 

I have read only Lajja so far, and hated it with all I got. I am currently reading the Purple Hibiscus and loving it so far. The rest I will get to next month....since they are not on my June TBR- To-be-read list.

/// I make TBR lists to keep my reading in order and to ensure I read older books sitting on my bookshelf////

I am so pleased with only 5 books in the month of May. My book buying habit can sometimes be a little out of control....so it's a good thing when on certain months I control my mad book buying urges. 

{I have already bought 5 books in June so far...and it's only the 7th of the month!! Come back at the end of the month to see how many books I bought in June.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please, please let me know how Afterlife is! I love ghost stories. Particularly those that are based in Goa.