Thursday 27 November 2014

General Whimsy: Things I am Thankful For.


1. I am so very thankful for coffee. I can't do without it. 



2. Thankful for my books. The ability to buy them. Keep them. Read them. So very grateful. 



3. Thankful for cupcakes. They are delicious. :) 



4. Wait, did I already say coffee? What can I say? I am super grateful for coffee! 


5. Very grateful and thankful for nature, beauty and serenity. 



6. Very thankful for the food on my plate. Thankful for the people who cook me delicious meals and so thankful that I can cook myself. 


7. So thankful for hot-chocolate and well, chocolate in general. Can't imagine life without it. 


8. Grateful and thankful for silver jewellery, I love it and I am thankful for it's pretty presence in my life. 


9. I am thankful for the quiet moments. For peace and serenity. I am so grateful for my home, my safe haven and the moments of peace I feel here. 



10. I am so thankful for cute shoes! ;) 


11. I am so thankful for writing, journaling and the written word. Writing makes me happy. And I am thankful that I get to do this. 


12. But mostly and most importantly I am thankful for my family. Their love, support and humour and kindness. I am so thankful for their health and happiness. 

Thanksgiving is not something we celebrate in India. It is not my festival. But any day that focusses on giving thanks for your blessings is a good day in my opinion. I am a big believer in being grateful and counting your blessings. Being thankful for all that is good in your life. 

Today I am cooking up a storm...well a small feast, any excuse for good food really! Watching a movie and then reading my book and having the kind of day I am always thankful for. 


No comments: