Sunday 20 August 2017

Stationery Sunday: Traveler's Notebook Junk Journal Insert

Today I want to share something really special that my sister got custom made for documenting our trip to Landour earlier this year- a beautiful nature-themed junk journal.

A junk journal is a hand-sewn journal made up of paper and ephemera odds and ends, which gives this journal a very cozy and rustic feel! I'll now hand this over to my sister, who will take you through some of the beautiful pages in this junk journal.



My junk journal lives in my Brown Traveler's Notebook. I thought that the colours and theme of this journal really complemented the brown TN in terms of the overall rustic look-and-feel. 




Here's the first page of the junk journal or the cover, actually. I love the wildflowers and vintage ephemera theme that is going on here. 





I ordered this junk journal from Jibid over on Shire Wool (Etsy). She makes custom junk journals and her collection of vintage ephemera is just beautiful! She is such a talented artiste! 


 A junk journal has many different elements to it. Little tuck spots, where you can write some personal reflects or just tuck away little memorabilia from your travels. This journal is full of such pretty tuck spots and multiple pockets and so on. 



Here is another pocket.. it has a journaling card on whose reverse you can stick a photo or write down something..




More examples of pockets. The printed pager on the right hand side is a pocket that opens up on the right edge and there is a journaling card in there to stick photos or write. 




Jibid has created a couple of lined pages made out of tracing paper and the lines are sewn on.. so, those blue lines are actually thread.. and she has used multiple vintage images of flowers, leaves and birds (as I had requested) in the journal. 




More examples of vintage paper and pictures. So beautiful! The one on the left is a bookmark, while the one on the right is a pocket, which has a pull-out journaling card. 




I'd told Jibid that I am, primarily, going to use this journal as an album. So, these are some pages that she has created for me to paste pictures and the butterfly on the left is a pocket with a journaling card to write down memories associated with those pictures. 




That's the end cover of the journal. As you can see, she has edged the page with vintage lace! It's so lovely! :) 

Hope you guys liked this peek into our junk journal. It's our long weekend plan to fill it up with photos from our travels this year.

Have a great week ahead, guys! 

No comments: